ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

307 turbo hissing

i think i have a split pipe on my turbo on my hdi 2.0 307 as its started hissing really loud when it kicks in, no power loss though. as long as i drive it fairly steady not revving the arse off it will it cause any more damage in the next week or so?

also does anyone know where i could maybe download a pdf so i can have a look to see if its a pipe thats not just slipped loose first? not sure where the turbo is

It wont do any damage if your drive her steady and try and stay out the turbo, issue is it might over boost if its loosing enough pressure and this will damage your turbos, possible damage does depend on your leak size and when your turbos are kicking in, its an LPT so i image its running quite alot.

Check the intercooler connections, and where it meets onto the inlet.(Dont know much about 307's im affriad)

i dont really know anything about engines ha but im sure i could check for a loose hose, just not sure on its location

no point had it at garage he said its 2/3 hours labour to get to it cos its right at the back of the engine and he cant exactly tell whats up with it. he's pretty certain its nothing to do with the trubo though. feck

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
no point had it at garage he said its 2/3 hours labour to get to it cos its right at the back of the engine and he cant exactly tell whats up with it. he's pretty certain its nothing to do with the trubo though. feck

Sounds odd, he knows where it is and wants three hours labour to get to it, but doesn't know what it is?

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Split boost hose? Can affect some engines differently, some dont seem too badly affected (usually common rails in my experience) whereas some are undrivable

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Best thing to do is cover it in petrol and flick the match.

I'd rather have genital warts than another 307.

im not sure what to do as i want to sell it. its due its mot next month and if it can pass that i dont no weather to get it fixed or try sell with a lower price bearing in mind the work that it needs.

Peugeot 308
xf03l66a.jpg

Theres your pipework.

The S bend coming off the intercooler is a common pipe to split, may be worth checking that one.

Also, Number 1 on the diagram can sometimes be at fault, the little sleeve hose.

Peugeot 307 sw
View attachment 48707

Theres your pipework.

The S bend coming off the intercooler is a common pipe to split, may be worth checking that one.

Also, Number 1 on the diagram can sometimes be at fault, the little sleeve hose.
Hi I have a pug 307 and I've had a good look at the car and the pic you posted I suspect number 1 in the pic is at fault is there any way I can fix it ? As looks to me like I have to drop the engine ?

peugeot 307, suzuki
hi all would this cause smoke when you booted it as my turbo hisses when booted and cuffes smoke out but dont at any other time many thanks