ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

303k Fabia vrs

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bullet proof engines when looked after.

That's worth it for breaking for parts tbh. It's the one that came with leather seats and they look to be in good nick.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
37   0   0
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
See i drove a leon 225 the other night and bar a few bits it seemed great. Revo mapped and felt quick tbh.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I loved mine. Of all the cars i've owned, it's the only one I really miss I think.

I can see why, It's probably the ' best' car I've owned to date Dan.

I'd hazard a guess that they don't require anything special than standard maintenance, either?

Clearly well designed and arguably, an under-stressed unit in standard trim. You've clearly got a lot of potential miles left under the belt!

Very simple to look after/ service, had ours for nearly 7 years and it's so cheap to run/ maintain and very reliable. it'll do 50+ mpg, and once moving is pretty quick (fairly certain the previous owner remapped it)

Loads more life in it yet, although it'll probably be traded in for an estate next year though.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a shame that no-one did a small estate with the PD130, would be an awesome car.

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  RB Clio 182
Ive just had a silver one of these behind me, properly modded by the looks of it, on my way home from tescos.

I couldnt shake him off up to the middle of 2nd (50mph'ish) in the clio, and my clio puts the power down rapidly off the line(under 5 secs to 60)only had that one blast tho then i turned off 😧

Lowered to f**k with a massive black cooler and a side number plate if anyone knows it in Barnsley, two chavs in it.

Black smoke everywhere!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Nearly bought one of those about..... oh..... a decade ago. s**t, I'm so old.

Anyway, I thought it was a bit dull TBH, went well enough but didn't have the sparkle of a really good hot hatch. Bit surprised to see what a cult thing they've become to be honest, but I can see they're a genuinely excellent all-rounder.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More of a warm hatch than a proper hot-hatch, especially by todays standards.

but they're nippy and very good on fuel, which makes a great combination for knocking about in.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Kawasaki ER6N
My other half has my old one and they are great cars. A £200 remap changes the car completely. Yes its a derv and yes it isn't a full hot hatch but lower it slightly and map it and it will have smiles just from the torque in 4th from 35-80ish.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely a car I regret not owning.

I always wanted a black one, lowered slightly on Octavia VRS wheels, leather interior from the ltd edition, muffler delete and a remap.

Couldn't go back to something that slow now though I don't think unless I could have two cars. Even then I don't think I would as iirc they have zero towing capacity.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  RB 182 Cup
It's definitely a car I regret not owning.

I always wanted a black one, lowered slightly on Octavia VRS wheels, leather interior from the ltd edition, muffler delete and a remap.

Couldn't go back to something that slow now though I don't think unless I could have two cars. Even then I don't think I would as iirc they have zero towing capacity.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Take one to Darkside Developments and they'll get 300+bhp out of it. Not much will keep up with it then.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
200ish is the sweet spot, still rapid but on a cruise you'll get normal mpg.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  RB 182 Cup
But then it defeats the object of a reliable and frugal car.

I have a 300bhp Edition 30 too. It would be a completely pointless exercise when I've already got a far better car...

Just trying to help solve the performance issue on these for you, so that you can rid your regret for not owning one.

In reality it makes no sense, you'd probably end up throwing £10k at it to get it reliable at 300bhp.

I had a 2.0 tdi Jetta between my two 182's, that i had a hybrid turbo and custom map on. That was running around 200-220 bhp (140 standard), cost me a little over £1000, but i felt that was about right for performance, cost and reliability. 0-60 was a fraction slower than the 182, but anything from above say 30mph the jetta would leave it. I regret selling it now to be honest, as it still gave me 50mpg too. I just missed the petrol engine power delivery and noise.