ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

30 Sept - Black mountains run.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I'm heading up from London with a few
Mates to do our annual Black Mountain run.

We are again meeting up with the local Scoobynet guys.

The plan is to start off in Merthyr Tydfil Mc Donalds meeting 8:45 to leave around 9am and then:

Up the A465 and get on to the Llangynidr Mountain Road and take several passes on this test road for Evo magazine, Top Gear and Fifth Gear

Up to Crickhowell top up with Shell V Power

Head back towards Brecon but turn off and take the twisting mountain road to Talgarth

Then head back down to Brecon and take the Lower and Upper Chapel road up to Builth Wells

From Builth Wells then head up to Rhayader and follow the road past the dams and head towards Cwmystwyth possibly going into Aberystwyth for a meal break

Back down towards Aberaeron, turn off in Llanrhystud.

Through Lampeter and head out towards Llanwrda (V Power stop on the way)

Down to Llangaddog and then head towards the Black Mountains Road

Several runs over the Black Mountains Road

Finish

From there it is easy enough to head back towards Merthyr Tydfil, Swansea, Bridgend and Cardiff areas.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
We have booked the Travel lodge in Merthyr for the sat night and will be driving back home after the run on the Sunday.

clio 172 phase 2
I can meet you on the black mountain run . Dont live to far could meet you lot in llangadog first then drive up ? Il bring a few of my mates with rs clios.

Suzuki Jimny
That's the meet I was going to organise :/

Might tag along, although my experience with subaru owners has never been positive...

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
That's the meet I was going to organise :/

Might tag along, although my experience with subaru owners has never been positive...

They have been a good bunch the past few years I've been up to meet with them.

May join u guys if ul accept a type-r tag along, live close to the mountain so as rollerdan said could meet in Llangadog first :)

Monaco 172
Wel this meet sounds the 1 to be at! Ive been driving back an forth newport and aberstwyth in a van for the last month and have said every single trip im doing this in my car lol

Should be a gd day out :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Matt...is the Maccies that they are meeting at the one near the Pizza where we met for Lee's memorial run?

Fancy doing it again and seeing if any of my lot fancy it again with hopefully better weather. :race: :)

172 sport
J is that the one with a KFC there mate as the nandos has a mc'ds there as well If it's the cyfartha one postcode is Cf48 1hy anyone travelling up from Aberdare or Pontypridd way let me know cheers

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
McDonald's - Merthyr Tydfil - Cyfartha Retail Park

CYFARTHA RETAIL PARK

SWANSEA ROAD
MERTHYR TYDFIL
GLAMORGAN
CF48 1HY

clio 172 phase 2
I can meet you up the black mountains. Roughly what time you guna be there ? Il bring a few of my mates

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I couldn't tell you what time we'd be up the blacks, I'd say roughly 12. But wouldn't hold your breath to that.
theres a few going to be waiting/meeting up the blacks too. Should be a good day.

This sounds like a good day out - lots of mileage!
couple of days after payday though so sounds good to me
Might just do the black mountain bit though - love that stretch of road!

clio 172 phase 2
07429057877 heres my number the names dan. Can sumone text me when your close to the black mountains !

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Theres going to be plenty of cars going to be waiting up the blacks! :)

Theres 22 confirmed for the whole drive, then about 4 waiting up the black mountains

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Good run out today.

Pity we lost the main group, but still had a good drive through some great roads!

Good to meet 6mjones to :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Cheers for today j, hope you boys got home ok. Did the civic make it?

Yes he made it, 1st, 4th and 6th gear all the way with a paddle clutch, rather him than me!

Vtec and super charger in 1st then straight into 4th lol