ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

30-pin to lightning adapters & cables

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
So I've just collected my shiny new iPhone 5S from the store, can't wait to play with it :approve:

However I've got docks, car chargers, etc, that are all 30-pin and none of them are any use now, LOL

These 30-pin to lightning adapters, anyone found one that works ok and is compatible with iOS7?

Also I know some aftermarket lightning cables are not charging with iOS7, others are ok, any links to ones that are known to work?

Thanks ;)

Ph2 172
I tried a couple of adaptors, and tbh they were about as much use as a doorstop. Didn't charge, didn't play music! Although randomly they did let you take photos off. Bought an apple one for the car and of course it's perfect.

For leads, I got some off ebay. They flag up the fault that they're not supported, but do seem to work - although not always first time. I can put up the link if you wish, but tbh I wouldn't actually recommend them!

Ph2 172
Worth a go, the place I got mine from claimed they worked with iOS 7 - like I say, thek "kind of" do, but not perfect by any means. There are some out there that do - a work colleague of mine bought some in China and they seem fine, kind of handy that he's back out there at the moment.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Just ordered 1 for now, if it doesn't work it's not the end of the world for £1.75, if it's ok I'll order a couple of more, will report back

2 lads I work with both have cheapo eBay cables, one refuses to charge at all, the other works perfectly, not even a warning message, seems random

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Wait a while for someone to 'crack the chip'

I had two and with the release of ios7 they were both rendered useless :(

otherwise you're forking out £25

Rather wait than fork out £25 for an adapter, massively overpriced IMO

Just buy the apple one..... Less hassle in the long run. I don't regret shelling out on a tiny cable looking back at the fact it's saved me ex amount on a new dock.