ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 weeks for parts!?

182 FF, A6 Avant
Yes, 3 weeks to get inner TRE's and rack bushes from Renault! Mike and Adam have been on it to source them but no luck at all.

Has anyone got some brand new inner track rods and rack bushes for a 182?!

I bought inner track rods from GSF - they came very next day

I know the genuine renault stuff is supposedly better quality but instead of £90 + vat - they were £28 + vat and came next day
The guys at my loca renault couldn't even be bothered to find the part number for them let alone order me any :(

182 FF, A6 Avant
I'm going on what Mike @ MWM has said to me.

If GSF parts are good enough I may try going for those then. Still need the rack bushes.

The GSF stuff is firstline which wouldn't be my first choice - but next to each other they look identical

Cloud2go%2011%20Apr%202013%2015%3A54.jpg

And for the price difference I could replace the firstline ones after every track season without any impact on the bank :D

I'd be suprised if the rack bushes need doing - mine had done 118k and they were fine when I took the rack off

182 FF, A6 Avant
I'm going from the logic that if I'm doing everything else, it's probably worth doing them?

Does yours have cup suspension?

If so I'm pretty sure you need the firstline ones - the lemforder are too short

Firstline FTR5277 are the ones in my picture

I guess if you're taking the rack off you might as well do the bushes - but if you're having the inner tie rods fitted with the long tool - I'd wait and see if your rack bushes actually need doing

I thought they'd be thick rubber bushes like ARB etc.. but they're actually fairly thin and mine were fine

182 FF, A6 Avant
Thanks for that. Saved me! Cancelled the lemforder order and have gone for oem from Renault.

The rack bushes are £22. If I don't use them ill sell them on.