ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 points

Bike*
Ok in january i was 19 with one years no claims, i got insured for aRound £2300 for my second year, and recently i recieved 3points ans £60 fine for speeding. In january my policy will be up, i will be 20 with 2 years no claims (touch wood) but obviously with 3 points. Anybody know if my insurace will go up or what? Anyone had the same experience at my age? Cheers

Evo 5 RS
As above SP30 isn't taken into consideration with the more modified friendly insurers.

Although, saying that when I tried to mirror my no-claims via redstar (Flux) they said they couldn't do it unless you have a completely clean license.

Bit gay really, considering.

Clio 197
Weird, I have two sp30s and they didn't have an effect on my insurance (they were put on individually)

Just goes to show insurance really is person specific

Nissan 350z
I read on PH that alot of people dont bother to declare points at all until they need to claim! My reaction to this was "surely the Insurance company will just void their policy" but nope, aparently they just go "well with your points your policy would have been £xx more expensive so pay us the difference please".

Makes you wonder why people bother admitting points and paying £xx extra per year when you can just not bother and only pay the difference on the off chance you need to claim?

Evo 5 RS
I read on PH that alot of people dont bother to declare points at all until they need to claim! My reaction to this was "surely the Insurance company will just void their policy" but nope, aparently they just go "well with your points your policy would have been £xx more expensive so pay us the difference please".

Makes you wonder why people bother admitting points and paying £xx extra per year when you can just not bother and only pay the difference on the off chance you need to claim?

Because there is still a chance you can come unstuck, especially if you get pulled by a jobs worth traffic officer or say the wrong thing. 9 times out of 10 though you'll get away with it. For the sake of what a single SP30 will cost you it's not worth taking the risk.

Bike*

I rang up my insurance and told them, they said i didnt need to tell them until i had to renew my policy, i thought they might ask for more money for the rest of this year, thankfully they didnt

Listerine & Poledo
Despirate to upgrade car too but no chance till a few more years :(

Yep, you may want to get a few years of endorsement- & incident- free motoring in the bag before you start looking at anything peppy.

I took 5 years in a heap, building a faultless record before I took the plunge. V6 coupe insurance for £800, protected? oh Hai!

Bike*
Yep, you may want to get a few years of endorsement- & incident- free motoring in the bag before you start looking at anything peppy.

I took 5 years in a heap, building a faultless record before I took the plunge. V6 coupe insurance for £800, protected? oh Hai!

Ahhhh 5years!
Depressing!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I found when shopping around that most companies ask for convictions over the last 5 years, the company i'm with now were over the last 3 years which was handy for me as my points are just out of the 3 year time period. A first for me though is the company require a photocopy of my drivers licence, so no chance of fibbing about points.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
I have two sp30's One is due to go away.

I have found that its normally £30 ish for each code. If the company would insure me on my car with points.