ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 inch 3 point harnesses or where to mount 4 points?

JB

RB 182 Cup
I'm after some harnesses with 3 inch shoulder straps and was wondering if anywhere sells that size on a 3 point harness.

Alternatively, how hard is it to fit 4 point harnesses with regards to securing the rear bolts. Do spreader plates need to be welded in?

The harnesses will be going in with Bimarco Futuras on JMS subframes.

Thanks.

ph1 track weapon
as far as i know people do a 3" 3 pointer, couldnt tell you who though

think you can the side rear belt mount and if you've removed the isofix you can use one of those bolt holes

ed

JB

RB 182 Cup
Sorry don't quite know what you mean. Are there enough fixing points currently for 4 securing bolts on the floor plan?

I have a 4 point harness (with Bimarcos btw). I mounted the front two points in holes I drilled in a good spot just behind the seat.

The rears were easily mounted in the holes that the ISOFIX bar attached to.

All were secured using proper spreader plates etc

TrackCar & F30 330d
This is where i mounted my harnesses.

DSC01897.jpg

JB

RB 182 Cup
I have a 4 point harness (with Bimarcos btw). I mounted the front two points in holes I drilled in a good spot just behind the seat.

The rears were easily mounted in the holes that the ISOFIX bar attached to.

All were secured using proper spreader plates etc
I can mount my two front points in holes in the seat subframes.

I did have 3 points in which the rear bolts were mounted in the hole where the seatbelt clips are screwed in.

There are 2 more holes which I can screw in the other harness ends? Or have you mounted just 1 harness?

Chrispy.clio, any more pics in detail of where you mounted those?

I'm after these, I presume they'll fit ok and look good in blue:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=SAB901118E

My rear ones are the same as Chrispy's.

I'd watch the front ones though, I WAS going to mount them in the holes where the seats came out but I think they were too far forward to work well.

JB

RB 182 Cup
Cheers guys. I've bought some 4 points so I will see if they fit when they arrive.

Then no doubt post up here again asking for help :eek:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
every one i know with 4 point just use the iso fix bar mounts,

and the bolts where the clips bolt to the floor plan