ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 4 point harness mount locations

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Rear seatbelt points underneath the rear seats with eyebolts and the straps crossed over.

Must safer (angle wise) with a roll cage to mount them to though.

4 points aren’t ideal at all

Neither is bolting them that low down

I’d take the guys advice and avoid this until you can afford a cage really ?

This isn't my forte so I’m not giving you my expert knowledge

But when I fitted my harness I was strongly warned off them

Research 4 point submarining.

Basically where the harness are tight and have no pre twnsioners the momentum has to go somewhere

It pushes you down into the seat and can cause you spinal compression ( I think it was)

But research it

I went 6 point after that

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I *think* the rear seat belt points are ok aslong as the angle of the harness is less than 45 degrees? Something like that anyway.

Just because someone else has done something, doesn't make it ok. Research into the correct way to do it. Going head on into a barrier/tyre wall even at relatively low speeds is gonna cause some issues

If you just want to be held better, then look into a CG lock for the standard belt

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I can’t understand the gamble that is taken with stuff like this.

If there’s one thing worth doing properly, above anything else, it’s the stuff that keeps you safe.

And I know there’s always an inherent risk with “Motorsport” but come on...

Brakes
Tyres
Harnesses/Cage

Spend the money on these before you spend money on go faster bits

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
This is my old shell with a harness bar welded in...only pic I could find after I wrote it off:cry:.
09F6970B-BE68-4594-A0D2-2081A8391BF8.jpeg

When I got the seats and harness I thought using the existing seat belt points was a bad idea so I got a roll cage company local to me to do it....it served me well for a few years...even when I crashed!
Since then my new shell got a proper(bolt in) cage and they are well worth it..not just for the harness bar but a stiffer shell.

2EFC1F5B-0907-4D22-BF27-06F62E2FA3C7.jpeg

I did wait for a second hand one to come up for sale. I just had to get the weld in towers from Safety devices.

I *think* the rear seat belt points are ok aslong as the angle of the harness is less than 45 degrees? Something like that anyway.

Just because someone else has done something, doesn't make it ok. Research into the correct way to do it. Going head on into a barrier/tyre wall even at relatively low speeds is gonna cause some issues

If you just want to be held better, then look into a CG lock for the standard belt

The cg lock is a good shout

And I think you’re right about the 45 angle just wish there was a yes or no to the info

So much info but no idea what’s fact or opinion

I think 0-10 degree is deemed best and I thinknits in case of you rolling the car

But it’s very important hence why I’d go all or nothing personally

I can’t understand the gamble that is taken with stuff like this.

If there’s one thing worth doing properly, above anything else, it’s the stuff that keeps you safe.

And I know there’s always an inherent risk with “Motorsport” but come on...

Brakes
Tyres
Harnesses/Cage

Spend the money on these before you spend money on go faster bits

100%
??