ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

3 Clio's, 2 (hundred) miles and 1 Great road!

FF Blackgold 182
Me, Burp and Jon13S me up today. Originally we intended to go bowling, play some pool & grab a bite to eat. We met up in the car park at Cribbs Causeway near Bristol & had a little chat.....

DSCF0740.jpg

DSCF0741.jpg

Then we decided, f**k it, lets go to the Black Mountains! :cool:

First we went to the Shell garage for some V Power and a tyre pressure check!

DSCF0742.jpg

DSCF0745.jpg

Then we headed for the bridge

DSCF0746.jpg

Into a 10 minute queue to pay the toll and have our passports stamped

DSCF0747.jpg

After about an hour and 30 mins cruise along the M4, we got to a small village with an unpronouceable name at the foot of the mountains and stopped for some snacks.

DSCF0754.jpg

DSCF0753.jpg

Then headed up the originally named "Mountain Rd"

Stunning backdrop...

DSCF0767.jpg

DSCF0762.jpg

DSCF0763.jpg

018.jpg

004.jpg

009.jpg

020.jpg

026.jpg

036.jpg

The hairpin!!

048.jpg

Jay managed to 'c**k a back wheel'

056.jpg

A river appeared accross the road after a light shower

029.jpg

We spotted a pair of Trophy's out for a play too

060.jpg

We had an awsome day ......................

065.jpg

080.jpg

............. but I don't think we were actually welcome!

DSCF0764.jpg

Renault Clio 172 Ph 2
Nice pic's guys, I don't want to start a huge debate, but do you see massive differences in the clio's on the road.

John

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
nice looks fantastic, how far is it from bristol?

btw you have a humongous wingspan

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
was a day and a half guys. we will have to venture up again i think (and if not we will have to better it). some great pictures there.

random days are always the best................

FF Blackgold 182
was a day and a half guys. we will have to venture up again i think (and if not we will have to better it). some great pictures there.

random days are always the best................

Yeah, certainly was John! I love days that aren't planned! :cool:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
yeah looks quality, im falliing in love with Ph1's tbh, tempted by them or a 172,

LY182/NHB CTR
Bugger really wished we stopped to chat to you guys now.. but you probably saw the large convey behind..

Great photos :)

I dont know if you saw the Evo's with us they are from Bristol too and loved the Mountain Road as well as the Military range..

Glad you guys had a good time :)

FF Blackgold 182
yeah looks quality, im falliing in love with Ph1's tbh, tempted by them or a 172,

Well, it won't be the last time we go over there, that's for sure!

Bugger really wished we stopped to chat to you guys now.. but you probably saw the large convey behind..

Great photos :)

I dont know if you saw the Evo's with us they are from Bristol too and loved the Mountain Road as well as the Military range..

Glad you guys had a good time :)

Yeah, cheers! Just thought it was about time we went over there really. I've wanted to for ages! :approve:

Awsome! Getting ideas now :rasp:

Bit of luck seeing the trophys

Trophy's looked mint mate! I love them anyway tbh. The convoy that they were a part of was a bit special tbh! ;)

LY182/NHB CTR
Next time if you fancy a run out let us know and I'll let you know when are next meet up is..

We meet in Chepstow and its twisty roads all the way you will be amazed at some the roads we have in Wales ;)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
got to admit that the trophys did look spot on today. but then again they looked freshly washed unlike our trio...... is a great drive to anyone who hasn't been there. only had a couple of soiled undercracker moments....

Qashcow
nice one guys, random drives like that f**king rock. i want to come with you next time, some great looking roads there

172 Race Car
It was a great day out, Glad u convinced me Steve.

Its a great road, we actually enjoyed the tree lined section north of there alot.

In car vids to follow, later in the week!

FF Blackgold 182
got to admit that the trophys did look spot on today. but then again they looked freshly washed unlike our trio...... is a great drive to anyone who hasn't been there. only had a couple of soiled undercracker moments....

I did mate and I was only driving behind you! ;)

nice one guys, random drives like that f**king rock. i want to come with you next time, some great looking roads there

We will have to sort that out Dave! Awesome bit of tarmac, I'm still buzzing now! :approve:

It was a great day out, Glad u convinced me Steve.

Its a great road, we actually enjoyed the tree lined section north of there alot.

In car vids to follow, later in the week!

See, I told you it would make sense! ;)

All in all, a great day! Cheers again lads!

SchwepTek™
Where the fook was my invite eh?

I have been at the mall all day bored out my brain shopping. Would have defo come :(

Looks mint!

SchwepTek™
LOL sorry I'm bored and browsing on my phone.

But I was even in vue car park this morning. Must have just missed you.