ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

282bhp RB 182 £8500

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol @ 28k spent! Absolutely mental.

I would imagine that like most of these totals quoted on ads that includes a previous low pressure conversion that blew up and then the cost of redoing it etc, as it wouldnt cost (even with kTAX) 28K to build that in one go to the spec it is now.
Or maybe it includes the reciept for buying the car new, FLOL!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a few messages on ebay, hes a dick.

First off he wouldnt accept my meg because the clio is worth more

Then he said he doesnt want another car because hes moving

Then said he would take a px and hes nephew would take the car off his hands as hes a dealer

Aye, alright

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
To spend anything like that money on a clio, you have to really trust the seller that its exactly as described, unless they will allow you to put a borescope down to check for forged pistons, remove pass drive shaft to check for quaiffe diff etc.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
£8500 but can't even be bothered to clean it.

Moving abroad but welcomes px.

Stupid blue font in spastic sized writing.

I'm out.
This pretty much sums it up.

I would imagine that like most of these totals quoted on ads that includes a previous low pressure conversion that blew up and then the cost of redoing it etc, as it wouldnt cost (even with kTAX) 28K to build that in one go to the spec it is now.
Or maybe it includes the reciept for buying the car new, FLOL!
I bet it does too!

To spend that amount of money & 'only' get to those figures is utter madness!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
He won't split :(

Well he is going to have that car for a LONG time then I suspect unless he:
a) drops the price by a BIG margin
b) Gets mega lucky with someone just falling in love with it so much they buy it at that price, which really does seem unlikely without proper details to even know if its all true or not, and even if its exactly as described that is still VERY strong money to be asking for it!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If he is planning ahead, I'd take a PX too as this car will only sell to a very select few, whereas their Focus will be easily flipped when he moves.

Agreed, if trying to sell a very modified car in a rush its worth taking a part-ex on something that you can move on far more easily in a short time frame.
Especially if priced right so you can just hand it over to one of the car buying firms straight away.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only made this thread to prove the point to him that hes asking too much the car, i sent him the link and he went a bit mad calling us a bunch of internet forum c***s haha

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I only made this thread to prove the point to him that hes asking too much the car, i sent him the link and he went a bit mad calling us a bunch of internet forum c**ts haha
Random.

Especially considering some of us have near identical spec cars so it's not like we are "haters"

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  late 2003 172cup
It's had a couple of teething issues - an oil leak from the engine build and an ill fitting link pipe - both of which amounted to just over a day in a garage. Apart from that it's been as usable and reliable as a normal 182.

I had a boost pipe blow off myself, I have done roughly same mileage as George.
I love mine, if it breaks it breaks lol.
It's fun while it works ;)

Most people would say it's too much, but you buy a mint Clio ( cost you top money ) and get it up to that spec ( more money!!) I paid a bit more but I wanted my car as it had all the goodies. I have receipts totalling 10k diff , turbo and ecu piss 3k and 4 lots of mapping brought it to 5k. Not to mention rods, pistons, clutch, fuel pump, swirl pot, injectors, fmic, pipe work, exhaust system. Brakes.
If some one wants it bad enough they will pay it. You might well get a better build car for your money. But it's such a fun experience to have a Clio that shifts really well. Handling and straight line performance . I had a Clio 172 cup and loved it, my trophy ticked all my boxes. I love it. And as all the boosted owners will tell you, every passenger ride I give they are amazed. My old man calls my car a jet plane. One friend of mine was speechless for 10 mins and he has been in a few supercars.

This car has a good spec if it's honest. Better than mine it seems. Good luck with sale I say.
I just can't understand why people sell up after spending all that money?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  late 2003 172cup
The old owner did mate not me, but I need it tweaking. It's mapped to run 105 Ron, I don't know what damage I am causing running 99ron??

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  late 2003 172cup
It was also mapped several times as things were added I think?

My vauxhall used to be up and down, sometimes it would not react quick enough, odd hesitation on boost. And I know a mate that had this with a golf gti and someone with an evo. I have got to say mine never has any issues above. It pulls clean every time. Maybe it's the standalone type ecu thing? I was always told standalone management would sort all the niggles out on modern turbo cars. Especially the Astra vxr/gsi/Sri-t. Too many sensors restricting things

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If the ignition is optimised for 105, I would expect it to die fairly quickly if driven flat out on 99.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  late 2003 172cup
Explain which way it would die? I have done 4 k so far since I bought it, when I spoke to ktec he explained it was last mapped on 105.
I will be booking an adjustment ASAP if your saying I am going to ruin the engine.
Thanks for your input mate

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  late 2003 172cup
Can the ignition advance be changed on the ecu (gen90) without the car present? I need to send it to ktec for updates you see. Ktec is miles away from me.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
If it's not dead on 99 it wasn't optimised for the extra det resistance of 105 in the first place.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  late 2003 172cup
Save me a lot of time and money if it's not mapped on 105, can any local rolling road check this for me? Sorry my mechanical mind only goes so far.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol at for sale at 5999, ktec buy for presumably sub 5k and now it's at 10.

Hope the new owner finds this thread and realises how ripped off they have been!

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
Is it 100% the same car?
There are a few substantial changes if it is:

1) Mileage has increased a fair bit.
2) Buckets & cage fitted.
3) AST's have gone.
4) Wheels have gained an inch - 17's now.
5) Highspec brake kit is now Ktr 4 pot kit.
6) And it was originally on Omex - now running Gen90.
7) Bonnet is now one of those awful carbon fibre ones.

Sounds like a different car to me!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well spotted if that's the case Llewelyn must confess I just took the lad postings word for it.

Ironically the ktec one sounds worse though which makes it look even more over priced. Lol.