ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

282bhp RB 182 £8500

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id have said around 5k aswell.

Offered a swap for my meg but apparently its only worth 4k:eek:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The last owner spent £28,000 bringing this car up to this amazing spec ! :eek: lol .

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Lotus Elise
Pro race 1.2s horrendous are they?
since when?
very light and strong wheels as seen on touring cars etc so.......

1.2 are really heavy for a motorsport wheel, trust me we have 5 sets of the f*****s. BTCC wheels are center lock and much lighter than regular 1.2

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'd take anything listed as with a pinch of salt without seeing invoices.

If its what it says it is then you would certainly spend more to build it, but that doesnt make it worth that much of course.

Some of the spec is a bit confusing as well "strong head gasket" Im really not sure what that means considering the standard one is absolutely awesome, even a cometic is a downgrade strength wise if anything!

Personally even if the spec is as good as it sounds, I would be surprised if it fetches that much, although like I said you sure as hell couldnt build it to that spec for anything like that money as its got lots of expensive bits on it, AST, 4 pots, LSD etc

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Lotus Elise
OEMs work extremely hard doing durability testing on engines, cold shock tests, cold and hot weather tests max max RPM etc. These turbo kits are not tested anywhere near like the original engine.

It will last an amount of time with no work needed but nowhere near that of a standard engine. Plus K-TEC

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 182 trophy
OEMs work extremely hard doing durability testing on engines, cold shock tests, cold and hot weather tests max max RPM etc. These turbo kits are not tested anywhere near like the original engine.

It will last an amount of time with no work needed but nowhere near that of a standard engine. Plus K-TEC

If the turbo packed in would it be a case of just replacing it (over 1k i know), or would a failed turbo result in other failed components? In fairness it sounds like a decent deal, maybe a little bit less than asking price but not far off. Could you bolt on a better, more established turbocharger to compromise or?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Depends how the turbo fails. I've seen blade
fragments Ingested into engines for example. But that's unusual.

Forged engine won't last as many cold starts as a standard engine but can handle bigger loads.

Far too many factors involved that I don't have details of which I would want before I would even guess at if it will be reliable, and sadly from what I've seen the fact it's done by ktec isn't inspiring either.
That said chi's is similar spec and still in one piece.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
£8500 but can't even be bothered to clean it.

Moving abroad but welcomes px.

Stupid blue font in spastic sized writing.

I'm out.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
BS in the description and a unclean car start alarm bells ringing, which is a shame because it's clear that money has been spent (this time!).

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Horrendous. It'll spend more time being fixed than it will on the road. Ala 90% of turbo'd clios. Tbf they don't keep them long enough to have them break.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad i suppose. See loads of adverts when they are for sale after only covering a couple of thousand miles after being built which puts me off as a buyer!

Its an itch that i want to scratch :(

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
I'll eat my hat if this sells for anywhere near the asking price? Clio for M3 money!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'll eat my hat if this sells for anywhere near the asking price? Clio for M3 money!!
Agreed. They never fetch what they cost to build and while it might be fine for the next owner I wouldn't say the odds of it were good.

He needs to take off the ASTs and 4 pots and quaiffed gearbox and sell it all seperately and then sell the car at a lower spec but still good power.

He'll get upwards of 6k easy if he does it that way, as I bet the car would fetch 4k without those bits.

For 8k+ though is only hope is to break it totally and put car back to standard.

Or someone who specifically wants an rb turbo with those bits on it and has just saved up 15k to build one with so sees this as a bargain. Odds of that are slim. Lol