ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

255v6/sold what a heap

well, Ben has spoken !!!! ;)

Simo, you and me apparantly own a pile of poooooo !!! :confused:

but it definitely aint a pile of pooooo thats for sure !!! :cool:

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

BenR, what exactly did you "HATE" (Strong word) about the way the V6 drove. I think mine drives great, as do the highly respected EVO magazine writers.

Tell us all in detail please, why you hate it and most other people love it. Im intrigued:)

Clio v6

I dont know what it is about this forum, but everyone sl*ggs of the V6. Its not fair I tell thee.

Im going to tell my Mammy on you.

E36 323i coupe

I test drove one - cant afford to buy one like - but it was AWESOME!

It held the road, like the road was made for the car.

Megane 225

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 26 March 2004

Why all the backchat?

The V6 isnt the be all end all mid engined cars.

I had the chance to drive a V6 daily, but i just hated the way it drove in std form. Sure, it can be sorted, but how many average buyers are prepared to go through the sort of effort that is required.

I did like the box though, and the noise. Except that moving the shifter on teh bottom of the H pattern needs more travel then the top half.
Why the backchat? Possibly because some V6 owners/prospective owners are intriqued to know the exact reasons for the comment in the very first post. I know I am, still.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Drove a few mk1s at work and i thought they felt a bit loose when you got some speed up. Hard to put into words what i mean,but to be honest it might just have felt strange due to it being a completly different beast to all the other cars i normally drive. Havent drove the mk2 yet.

I have owned both versions and can confirm that the mk2 chassis has been extensively revised making it a much more sorted chassis. Not only that, but mid-range power is considerably better and smoother.

It doesnt matter what car you drive, you can always guarantee some little pr**k will sl*g it in some way, shape or form, even if it was a 360 Modena some jealous fcuker would try and pick fault.

I have my doubts about him (Keirv6) even owning one in the first place. It seems odd the way he bought and sold it so fast?!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Well said mate.

Yes, I had the chance to drive a 360 Medena as an everyday car, but simple hated the way it drove.;)

Peddled device

Talk about super cars!!!!!!

My Pagani Zonda was crap.Lost a credit card down the side of the seat and couldnt get my 5 wood in the boot!

And had to wash the car myself!!!!!

Integra DC5 Type R

Quote: Originally posted by lastmanjackson on 25 March 2004

There will always be one or two lemons in the bunch. And not just renaults either !!

I had a Citroen VTS once, everything went wrong with that.

me too!!!!!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by RALLYPUG on 30 March 2004

Talk about super cars!!!!!!

My Pagani Zonda was crap.Lost a credit card down the side of the seat and couldnt get my 5 wood in the boot!

And had to wash the car myself!!!!!

Wash it, my god man, when mine get dirty I just sell them.

Sorry for delay in my reply i have been busy.Iwill not go into the faults asof yet.Iwanted this car for over a year and had on order for about 12months,i wanted the option packs they offered but was told i would have to wait 6 months longer which i couldnt.The faults that were no my car happened in the first 12hours of having the car ,i took the car back the next morning and asked for a replacement/money back as i thought the faults were this bad,lets not forget i had just spent £27000!!!They said NO they would fix the car,if anyone of these faults had shown its self before i handed the cash over i would have rejected the car and had a different v6 and been happy, as it was i had to let them fix the car which took them 3 months to get the parts needed.So all in all i was pissed of with my v6 and had no faith in it so why keep for a year and never be happy and lose a large amount af cash so i sold it and lost a little. will put some pics up off my cars for you doubters

Megane 225

Needs time to think of some ;)

Nah jk m8, Im genuinely interested in what was wrong. Also what were the option packs? I can only think of the special paint and leather.

Quote: Originally posted by Simo on 27 March 2004

BenR, what exactly did you "HATE" (Strong word) about the way the V6 drove. I think mine drives great, as do the highly respected EVO magazine writers.

Tell us all in detail please, why you hate it and most other people love it. Im intrigued:)
i HATE the vehicle dynamics.

Harsh word yes, but i do expect alot, espcially when its pinned as the premier sports model.

I dont hate the car, lovely bit of kit, but its not inspirering.

sl*g me all you want, but ive spent a lovely portion of my life in competitive racing, and started in karting when i was 8. So the V6s (MK1) flaws to me, wasnt the rear end as such (not until you REALLY pushed it, which most people cant), but the front. SOggy, soft, vauge, crap, dives on brakes, leaps on accel, heavy (although its light)......useless. The 172 you could fling this way and that way, you know what its going to do and where your going to end up, none of that boring smooth driving.

Sorry, im not pissing on anybodies fire, i paid nowt to drive either one......it was an option for me at the time, and i just always left in the 172.

And for the money........255bhp......come on!

Its just a personal opnion, and im sure many are happy with their V6s

But as for EVO mag, ive said it a billion times, and ill say it again....Rock Apes.

So you havent driven the MkII?

The Mk1 problems were well documented. By all accounts, the MKII is like a different car.

i did say i was talking about the MK1, and i have driven the MK2, just not in any half decent form of anger, so no point me commenting on it.

MK2 is a fair bit better, but could do with another 45bhp.

100bhp/ltr at least!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

LOL it makes me laugh, some 1 comes on this forum and posts saying that they had a v6 but didnt like it so sold it, as they had faults etc, if they do not wish to comment on the problems why force it ??

as for people questioning ben who is a HUGE part of this site and helps out loads of people, i find that just plain wrong, it has been said he has done alot of propper driving alot more than half of you lot on here will do, i have seen him drive round a track and he is brilliant, he has had and driven alot of good performace cars, so i see no reason to question him, maybee the modderators should look after there more long term and valuble members, rather than deleting other posts.

Spending a load of money and then the thing going wrong would leave a bad tast in your mouth. He could probably see the thing was going to be a problem car so got rid. My 172 had small niggles even on the first drive home which mad me want to take it back, I even prayed somone would steel it and burn it out. its ok now it just makes you despise somthing that has taken your hard erned and then does your nut in.