ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

250 or RS?

172 Cup
Test drive both this weekend and still cant make my mind up, the sheer torque and power of the RS was amazing however the overall package of the 250 meggie was unreal as well! What are your thoughts? :S

Megane Mk4
Meggy hands down, It's turbo so can be played with better.. Plus surprisingly enough it seems to be put together better than it's baby brother.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Meggy hands down, It's turbo so can be played with better.. Plus surprisingly enough it seems to be put together better than it's baby brother.

Think he ment Focus RS ;)

Id probably buy the Focus, but i love the design of the 250.

Personal choice. They're both massively capable. I've not driven the Megane but I struggle to imagine it has a better engine and character. Pops, bangs and whistles? Depreciation? The Focus is f**king thirsty though.

Megane Mk4
Think he ment Focus RS ;)
I know he meant the focus.. You've read my post wrong. I'm just saying the build quality is better on the megane than the Clio, they've put more thought into the 250 :p

Plus it's slightly cheaper too ;)

I think the Megane makes more sense if it's a Cup or base spec. Once you start speccing it up to FRS levels of equipment, the price differential is minimal and makes the Renault option not so logical. As I say though I've not driven one. If you prefer the Renault then get that. Neither car is likely to disappoint.

Clio 172 RS2
^^^^ LOL :D

But err. you want to stick with Renault or step it up?
And both are thirsty...

FRS is also a turboized.

Gorms or Toon Army has one also...

clio 182
My local dealer has a megane in the showroom, no idea what spec it was but it had awful black and chrome wheels, best bit was the price......

24k!!!!!!!

salesman couldnt understand why i was p***ing my sides laughing

RB 182
Gotta be the RS, in 3 years whats the Meggy gonna be worth compared the the RS? IMO, it wins on that alone

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
FRS the sheer depreciation of a renault is enough to make a man cry.

For me I think the decider would be the engine. Threading down a sweeping road with super sharp pointy steering, huge induction roar, pops & bangs and wastegate whistles. This is what makes the RS so epic, and something you wont appreciate from a short test drive.

I'm aware the Megane is equally as capable, and in fact quicker around a track, but I cannot imagine that it's more fun. Just walking up to the RS brings a massive smile. I still find excuses to drive it.

I like this video. For me it sums up what the RS is like to drive. Ignore the comparison with the GT-R.

[YOUTUBE]ZZL8uPemi3k[/YOUTUBE]

BG182®
I sat In a 250 the other day. The driving position is immense but I guess that's because the Clio is so poor. Nevertheless it looked and felt like a quality built car but I'de still pick the Focus if it was me.

Mini Cooper S sport
I'd go for the FRS, but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with the Meg 250. Finally saw one in the metal the other day. It was red with black wheels and it looked the absolute b0llocks.

RS250 cup
Ive got a red rs250cup and think its great apart from the crap radio, it came down to price for me, I think the FRS looks better but Id be scared parking the thing anywhere whereas the Meg250 I could park most places.

Either way both cars have strong points, also im getting 31 mpg which is great :)

Mini Cooper S sport
Ive got a red rs250cup and think its great apart from the crap radio, it came down to price for me, I think the FRS looks better but Id be scared parking the thing anywhere whereas the Meg250 I could park most places.

Either way both cars have strong points, also im getting 31 mpg which is great :)

Is the radio STILL s**t in them? :eek:

I had to change all my speakers and the HU because the R26 standard stereo is SO bad.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
FRS every day for me. Never thought i'd say that.

But the RS250 looks absolutely turbo w**k.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
Im with roy, 250 if you can get a good deal on a base spec cup. If you've got another 6k frs.
The only thing that would worry me about owning a frs is its looks. Its stunning but it will attract so much attention!
Unfortunately for me ive not driven either no can i afford either. Kinda voids my opinion really