ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2200 miles and its going into the dealership already!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
id be wanting a new one to be honest. think about selling that on mate, with a replacement engine. some buyers wouldnt mind, personally i would though. straight away you (or renault) will have reduced your market

In ten years of selling 40+ cars per month (both main dealers and used car pitches) I cannot recall one person ever checking an engine number against the logbook/Hpi certificate. (unless of course the cars being inspected by the AA/Rac but even then most don't bother)

Why will it have an effect on resale??

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
In ten years of selling 40+ cars per month (both main dealers and used car pitches) I cannot recall one person ever checking an engine number against the logbook/Hpi certificate. (unless of course the cars being inspected by the AA/Rac but even then most don't bother)

Why will it have an effect on resale??

Just me then :eek:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
According to facebok he's just split up with his Mrs so that along with a brand new car thats shat its engine out, I expect he is now sat in a pub somewhere! lol.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as above car is the last of my worries the now but hey ho life goes on! not bothered about anything to do with resale etc i just trade in after a year or 2 anyway, what i am worried about is the dealers complete lack of ability to carry out my 18k service on my dci without the car having to be returned 4 times once on a transporter, and now i need to trust them with an engine.

phoned renault uk got a customer service manager giving me daily updates, making sure im kept mobile etc garage have applied to warranty dept to get the new engine ordered so should hear back tomorrow about that! then once its back and fitted ill be able to inspect the car and make sure its 100% as it was before it broke etc. and then ill just need to wait and see how long engine 2 lasts!

lost a serious amount of confidence in it now and after 7 clios i recon its probably my last!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome few days Martin!

Sorry to here about you and the OH haven't you been together for ages mate? House?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
totally was telling one of my mates a few days ago how life is just going to plan and couldnt be better! now a week later i just need to lose my job and thats everything screwed lol!!! that bad its quite funny now!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i would want a refund or a new car i just think i couldnt put my trust in the car, be paranoid something or would go wrong everytime i drove it. could have the runt of the production line :/

RB 182 FF
Sometimes you just have to laugh how sh*te life can be... went through similar myself last year with a breakup and job loss and had to sell my beloved Alfa to fund moving out etc etc... But things always look up, just try to see the funny side as ur only here once and you should bloody enjoy it!!! We are just a spec of dust in the grand scheme of things I always like to remember...:) A year on and I have my Clio(which I love alot!) and no more Italian car issues just French ones now, oh and no Mrs issues either...:D Best of luck anyway Martin hope all turns out good in the end.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
exactly! its not the end of the world.

engine was authorised by renault warranty today and is on order, 5 days lead time, hoping to have it back in 10 days, they have extended my mondao hire car as i dont want a shitty curtisy car and quite like the mondao for what it is!

crankshaft bearing failed, scored crank to bits and melted piston 3, sounds like lack of lubrication to me however they dont know, typical lol!!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'm assuming you check the oil? Warranty won't cover engine failure if they can prove there was no oil in it.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my 50mpg mondeo is like having a dci back, its going to be me going thru all the pain again of getting used to the MPG which ive just finally learned to accept lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
7 days later engine still isnt here, so much for their original 1 day for an engine, then 5 days then 5 to 7 now on day 7 still no engine! patience is getting VERY VERY thin! just want the thing back!

fez

Clio 182 cup
something similar happened to a mate of mine got it back all fixed etc week later something else went really wrong (his was a 197) long story short they had to replace the car as he had lost all faith in it, which is pretty fair as you dont want a major failure when your going somewhere with the family. hope they do a better job for you bud

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah see what happens, im giving them the chance to put it right first as i genuinely love the car, if they dont put it right properly first time, i was told i would have it back within 10 days this is day 9 and still no sign of an engine so its not looking good! it will be going to the next stage!

fez

Clio 182 cup
love how convenient renault can be with the deadlines they set its like magic, just hope they dont rush it and do a proper job but im sure a new replacement should anything go wrong make you feel the same way