ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

220 trophy 0-1000m

RS280EDC
Let's just say I've had 2#172 2#182 1#133twingo 1#197 1#200 1#225-meg 1#250-meg 1#200T 1#220T and for me on and off track the 220t is the best one so far

Civic type r fk8
post anything about a mk4 clio, on any renault forum, a war starts, this and that and so on, lets all stop and agree that my uncles Dacia is better.....5:27 nurburgring times on 91ron.......haha
If this was about football there would be riot by now!

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
It's a gearbox thing for me; I don't need to drive it to know I am not going to like it. If I can't get my left hand and left leg involved I'm not interested.

Some other manufacturers have realised this and are offering manual gearboxes on previously auto-only cars. Renault should follow suit. I'd certainly give them a serious look once again if they did.

It really is that simple.
I would hate to go back to changing gears manually it seems somehow wrong.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Will you say that when cars steer, accelerate, and brake for themselves too?

To me driving is a joy and the more I can be involved in the art of it, the more I have to work at it, the more enjoyment I get out of it.

I'm the complete opposite to yourself...to me, having a car change gear automatically is wrong. Completely!

Civic type r fk8
Me to , when I drive the mrs car it seems old fashioned .I am finding the gearbox is still involving as I'm always aware of it ,what it's doing . It's surprising how much I use manual mode just for the fun of it.

Civic type r fk8

To me driving is a joy and the more I can be involved in the art of it, the more I have to work at it, the more enjoyment I get out of it.

I'm the complete opposite to yourself...to me, having a car change gear automatically is wrong. Completely!
Don't these 4wd cars just drive themselves now,to competent?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

For a daily it's a ball ache changing gear but I agree for going for a drive it's great fun pulling a lever to change gear.
It's the same with putting cars in 4wd, pressing a button just isn't the same as pulling back a lever and hearing a pleasing thud.

And for that matter N/A > forced induction

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
For a daily it's a ball ache changing gear but I agree for going for a drive it's great fun pulling a lever to change gear.
It's the same with putting cars in 4wd, pressing a button just isn't the same as pulling back a lever and hearing a pleasing thud.

And for that matter N/A > forced induction

Is it really a ball ache in a daily? Really?

It is no more physically taxing than steering or pressing the brake/throttle!

As for NA > forced induction...for a spirited drive, a-f***ing-men.

Clio 220 Trophy 1051
couple of years ago I test drove a bmw 335i auto and an equivalent manual, the auto ruined it for me and the other car just came alive with the manual box, ive always loathed autos compared to manuals, they just always felt so detached, especially as I was so often pounding around race tracks.
Tbh though that all changed instantly when I test drove the Trophy.
I find the trophy gearbox in race mode more exciting than any manual ive driven, to me it makes it feel like your in a little racing car, full throttle upshifts with accompanying barks from the exhaust, blips on the downshifts and gear changes in milliseconds....personally I think its brilliant, you have full manual control, the car wont change up a gear unless you do it, even if your sat on the rev limiter, i had 2 back to back test drives in the trophy and the fiesta st, and the ford was just nowhere near the Trophy for me, manual box or not, infact the manual box just felt ordinary and slow in comparison. Two unattractive words when spending 20k imo.

BUT, were all different and I respect that many don't share this view, that's not a problem to me, so I don't see why my choice and the choice of every other trophy owner, should be a problem for others......yet it always seems such an argumentative and provocative topic.

RS280EDC
Iam confused as I can be what the monkeys is all this 0/60 s##t iam sure with ever variant you have.From the RS range your last thought when you purchased it was 0/60 mine was handling and smiles per mile re track time

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
^^^^ That.

The RS Clios weren't the best cars in their class for straight line performance, it's the involvement and fun factor that they used to be the best at.

I've not driven any of the Mk4s so I can't really comment any further than that. :)

RS280EDC
^^^^ That.

The RS Clios weren't the best cars in their class for straight line performance, it's the involvement and fun factor that they used to be the best at.

I've not driven any of the Mk4s so I can't really comment any further than that. :smile:
Your more than welcome to drive my hairdryer if your local to London ish
received_626285137559109.jpeg