ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2118's center caps (kind of) *Now with R.S. decals*

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered these a few days ago. Had some left over Nissan techno grey so gave them a quick spray. Not a colour match but better than black.

8750107199_ecac3481c7.jpg

Untitled by Dr-Jekyll, on Flickr

8750109237_40a891bb0b.jpg

8750110049_ffa97aba28.jpg

8751235188_79112c4ae1.jpg

8750111725_cf5ae0bf98.jpg

8750112595_7e89f841af.jpg

​Comments and criticism welcome :)

330Ci cab
Re: 2118's center caps (kind of)

they look pretty smart, the exposed nut just screams motorsport though.

​i like

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

I like those alot - how do they look on the rear? I've got some JDM long nuts on order myself to hide some of the massive stud left exposed on the PMS kit.

Audi A5

Hmmm not sure if I like them or not... I guess your car can get away with them abit more as usually people who have 2118's their cars are more 'track' orientated where yours is more of a 'show' car.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Thanks all. I know they can be a bit hit and miss on here as the majority like them without but they don't look bad imo. Not to sure about show car though bobs!

Oh a did eventually wipe off the decals fletch :eek:

I like those alot - how do they look on the rear? I've got some JDM long nuts on order myself to hide some of the massive stud left exposed on the PMS kit.

You on about the caps? Ill get a pic if so.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Thanks all. I know they can be a bit hit and miss on here as the majority like them without but they don't look bad imo. Not to sure about show car though bobs!

Oh a did eventually wipe off the decals fletch :eek:

You on about the caps? Ill get a pic if so.

Yes, I meant how do the caps look on the rear wheels.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Not sure yet. They were wearing off more when I last cleaned them so it did look rather odd. 2500 grit and t-cut and there all ok. Will run without them for a while then see. Might get red decals?

For people that are interested this is the part number:

8750107947_26f058ee67.jpg

I ordered them from Adam on here and it came to £34.20 for 4 caps.

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF

I know what people are on about, 2118's suit 'no caps' better. But these look great! Because they are not a smooth cap it suit it just right IMO :) nice work as always Dr Jekyll

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

I like them to... so I've ordered some myself about an hour ago. Thanks for the pics of the rear though (running et43 + 10mm spacers?)

Mick

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172

Those centre caps look great! Better than showing off your rusty hub nuts IMO.

Is that the PMS stud conversion? Been thinking about getting one for the Ph1.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

Not a PMS kit that, the Pure stuff is high tensile/black

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

What about 'show room condition car' then? ;)

How about swirly chipped paint with the odd scratch that needs painting and polishing? That's closer! Lol

I like them to... so I've ordered some myself about an hour ago. Thanks for the pics of the rear though (running et43 + 10mm spacers?)

Mick

No probs, Mick. My wheels are et43 but I'm running dan@mad 5mm spacers all round.

Those centre caps look great! Better than showing off your rusty hub nuts IMO.

Is that the PMS stud conversion? Been thinking about getting one for the Ph1.

I agree. Even though my nuts had been painted black I still wanted them covered up. No they are grayston studs. Got them from demon tweeks in the Motorsport section.

I'm not a fan if i'm honest of the centre caps. I think they need to be smooth, to tie in with the wheel design. IMO

I know what people are on about, 2118's suit 'no caps' better. But these look great! Because they are not a smooth cap it suit it just right IMO :) nice work as always Dr Jekyll

Paul, I got to agree with Barry on this one. Because the 2118s are quite smooth, I think having smooth caps would look "too smooth" if that makes sense? I like these as it breaks it up a little. Perhaps domed would look best but its hard to find caps that fit.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Also does anybody know what colour the wheels are or a very similar colour match. As you can see the techno grey is slightly darker.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

I like the idea but don't think they look right. Maybe due to wrong colour or could maybe do with some form of decal on them?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

Hmm I'm not sure what would work really, maybe a Renault diamond?

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Just ordered some R.S. decals in red and silver off Ady@n2grafix and ill be doing the red decal on top with a silver shadow. The raised center bit on the cap is 25mm so Ady will do some to fit :)

Does anybody know a colour match or very similar for anthracite speedlines?

Last edited:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

So i popped down my local halfords to try and get a colour match for the caps against the 2118's. Having a look and it was hard to tell but i went with this in the end:

8783020613_aa3bf49cd6.jpg

As mentioned i ordered some R.S. stckers from n2grafix

8783016293_c41ca9d39e.jpg

Then i had a go at painting, stickering and lacquering:

8789613820_a3b9554839.jpg

8783034049_dde97b15b2.jpg

And fitted: (As you can see its still not a complete match but tbh its close enough)

8802442622_0d69857607.jpg

8802447416_9828399e84.jpg

8802452470_3836732806.jpg

8802466450_52beca010e.jpg

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Your attention to detail is slipping Dr Jekyll! you haven't lined the caps up with the valves haha ;)
other than that...i like the stickers :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately the colour match is hard to get. I put 4 different shades next to the wheels and this seemed to be the closest.

I could be rolling like the batmobile in batman forever, eh Scott?! Chicks love the car iirc!

Barry, I don't have the strong eye for detail like yourself ;)

107 Track Car & C4
I prefer them with the centers on, just not with the RS logo though. Look amazing otherwise :)

banderson

ClioSport Club Member
  05' BG 182FF
Haha my eye for detail is a pain in the ar*e :p
instead of the red RS logo, how about a black Renault diamond? (Maybe with a red diamond shadow) or a black r.s badge overlay? I think the black would just look more 'Moody' and purposeful.

Barry :)

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
That certainly is attention to detail, but I do think they look better with out the RS logo. Why don't you seem many sets of 2118's with Speedline centres?