ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

21 years old

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Does insurance go down dramatically when you hit 21 even without NCB?

I'll have been drving 3.5 years when I'm 21, But Have no NCB. I haven;t made a claim ever, But I've never had a policy long enough to get a full years NCB, OR have been driving my dads car as a named driver.

Wold i notice a big drop in insurance if i waited till i was 21, Instead of insuring a car at 20?

Thanks

Da

Less
Nope, probably less than £50 difference for me. Biggest drop I noticed was when I turned 25!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Nope I've never found it to be true it will drop but only like it does ever year.

Same here.

There is never a dramatic drop !!

Just gotta suffer it out and keep a clean license + keep topping up the NCB + have your own policy = lower premiums.

The "other" factors really effect premiums.

Living in better postcodes
Locking the car in a garage
Alarm + Tracker
Then personal details..., millage over year etc...

SO MANY factors. But never just a big drop due to one factor like age.
Earning NCB shows level of experience to most insurance companies...

Golf GTI PP Mk7
dropped a tad for me, having said that i live in one of the best postcodes too which helps.

got 3 point on my lisence around the same time as my 21st tho :dapprove:

Milltek'd 182
did...well will for me. i'm quoted around £1400 for a renewal now (being 20) but with greenlight (who only insure people over 21) its £900 something for when im 21. It may not be much of a saving if i went to the same company who would have insured me at 20 and 21 but it is if you go to some insurers.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Never seen a drop. Biggest change was when I haggled my last premium.

Ph 1 172
i dont no really it depends on where you live dont it coz i got a quote 4 months before my 21st with my clio and its was like £1500 and i thought id just wait till my 21st (didnt have the money anyways) and one my first year driving it was £889 fully comp....i dont think it makes a difference if you have had you insurance taken out before you where 21 but it might make more of a difference if you start driving after your 21st birthday like i did...... or i might be completly wrong lol

Cup Turbo, Flamer
It's gone down a lot for me, had my cup 4 years, 1st year when i was 18 was 1600, then went down to 1150, then 900 and at age 22 its about 660 now

RB 200 Cup!
got a massive drop when i turned 21 (but then again i did my pass plus so the savings keep on coming)