ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

205/50 R16s on a 182 Cup

Evenin

Has anyone run their 182 cup on these size tyres (205/50 R16s)? Want to put a set of posh tyres on for a track day at Anglesey but Im a bit worried about the increase in diameter. Any thoughts?

Clio 197

oooo... dont know mate...

I would have thought 205/50/15 would be a better, safer and cheaper option.

15s go on the 182 no probs.

dont get it, what would the larger profile do for track days? cos thats the only difference right (and the overall wheel and tyre diameter increase obviously)

Clio 197

Track tyres have an EXTREMELY hard sidewall, lol!

So, the increased profile doesnt really matter.

Mark has a good point though.... if its only for track-use, then any ol 15s will do as long as they fit.

clio 182 black /gold

I have a 205,50,16 on the passenger side and a 205,45,16 on the drivers side, it handles funny. Before anyone asks i had a blow out and it is a quick get home method.

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 08 August 2005

Track tyres have an EXTREMELY hard sidewall, lol!

So, the increased profile doesnt really matter.

Mark has a good point though.... if its only for track-use, then any ol 15s will do as long as they fit.

he never said in the post that they were specific track tyres ?, just some tyres for a track day ?

Clio 197

Quote: Originally posted by Hector on 08 August 2005

dont get it, what would the larger profile do for track days? cos thats the only difference right (and the overall wheel and tyre diameter increase obviously)
Ah, I misread you.

Ok: 195/50/15 Eagle F1 GSD3 @ 35 each...

or 205/45/16 @ £ Over double that.

Much cheaper!