ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

204bhp Clio 172

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  EV (s)
I BOUGHT THIS FOR MY DAUGHTER WHO IS 18YRS OLD NOT CHECKING INSURANCE,THEN WE PHONED INSURANCE SCARY,SO ONLY HAD IT FOR TWO WEEKS SO WILL SELL IT AND BUY SOMETHING BETTER ON INSURANCE,

f**king idiot.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  421 Cammed 172
I think his caps lock is stuck on, My 'question to seller' was all in caps too :rasp:

HI, IM VERY INTERESTED, DO YOU HAVE A PRINT OUT FROM A ROLLING ROAD FOR THE 204BHP? IF SO I'M WILLING TO MAKE AN OFFER. THANKS

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  421 Cammed 172
Have had a reply...

Dear bodhi_1985,

hi mate just phoned the guy i bought it off and he still as a lot of paper work for the car and will deliver on 3rd feb and seem to think its with that lot,he told me it was ecu remapped means nowt to me and had different cams but like i say this means nowt to me mate,just bought it for daughter,so feel free to call me if needed and will help much as i can

- robeswick

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  320d
If it realy is cam'd maybe it would be worth putting into the advert.

Slightly off topic but if you bought a car and wasn't told it was cam'd and insured it as standard where would you stand legally?

I mean its impossible to tell to the untrained eye?

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  421 Cammed 172
Not sure. You've described it to the entirety of your knowledge on the car so i wouldn't imagine you'd be liable. However you'd have to prove the cams weren't fitted by you i guess, which could be impossible unless the cambelt condition could be used in evidence?

Good question, there's a few insurance brokers on here so maybe they could comment?!

My mate insured a scooby turbo 2000 import as a 1.6 GL and the insurance assessor didn't notice, even though it had a turbo timer and boost guage fitted :rolleyes:

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Someone buys a 2.0l hot hatch for their 18 yr old daughter without checking insurance - b****cks. He either didn't know what he was looking at, means it could be a shed - or he knows the history of the car and wants rid.

Looking at the wheels says the previous owner was a chav/person with no taste and ragged the car everywhere. It's done 80k, an '02, probably hasn't had the belts changed. £2800 - nahhhh thanks.