ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2008 Lotus Exige S - 2 months on

Better than yours. C*nt.
Well it's been nearly 2 months now, and it's flown by. Not been the smoothest ride - it needed a new radiator a few weeks ago after the end cap let go, and with the arrival of the Trophy I've now got 3 money pits so progress is slow!

However, my new seats have arrived and I <3 them - don't feel much better at the moment but with the harnesses it'll be transformed! And IMO they look fantastic - loads of little details that make them really special.

Other than that, it had the Stage 3 Lotus Sport exhaust fitted to it before I picked it up, and that's it for the time being! The Trophy is next on the list for funds as it's got a BTB exhaust due to arrive soon...

Anyway, it's had it's first polish today, along with a coat of Extra Gloss Protection, followed by a layer of Dodo Juice Light Fantastic - and it looks it now. Wheels got a thorough clean last weekend (or the one before?) so they got left as they're not too bad.

Enjoy!

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Better than yours. C*nt.
That's yummy. Do you keep it garaged?

If not, how does the engine bay cope stood in rain all day long?

Seems to be fine - it doesn't seem to get *too* wet in there, and most of the fancy trickery is out the way anyway. Corrosion will probably be it's worst enemy but I'll keep an eye out for it to see how it goes. Majority of the stuff under there is plated or alloy anyway...

Last edited:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
lovely, would love one but cant afford one yet :( stunning cars though

LY 182 FF CUPPED
nice mate - did you get the factory upgrade tracker system etc?

Last edited:
  S4 Avant
Do approve.

Last time I saw one of these was the middle of February, and I was pissing myself laughing at the guy gingerly driving round in 6 inches of snow with yoko A048s!

Turbos.
A Trophy and Exige make a great garage! Very nice. I suppose the only thing i'm not keen on is the colour, Lotus do a few really decent ones i' prefer.

Glad you're enjoying it despite the raditor issue!

Better than yours. C*nt.
Cheers all :)

The colour is a grower as has been said, and I wanted something more subtle as it's all too easy to go out and get a 'supercar' in a ridiculous colour - but IMO they don't really suit it - it's not a Lambo and as quick as it is, it will never have the same image. And the noise, pant-wetting as it it, is still a four pot.

I guess I'd rather have it jump out of a bush for surprise bumsex than have it run around with a flashing sign saying "I'm coming to get yhoooooo!"

Trophy and Exige do make a good garage - and it's harder than you'd think to decide what to go to work in! I'd forgotten how much fun the 182 is. For those of you that 'aspire' to the Lotus - the 1*2 RenaultSports, driven hard, offer just as much in terms of smiles and that feeling of reward - just not the licence-losing acceleration or apex speed.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Awesome Awesome car...Colours not loud enough for me...But still! :approve: nice wee selection you've got now mike!

Love the Exige. My pal has the 190bhp car, and it's shockingly good around a track.

If I had one, it'd have to be that Chrome Orange colour, though. Immense.

Glad you're still liking it, some folk just can't get on with them..

Must admit the colour isn't for me, but I like the seats!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice

Seems like a proper marmite colour - I'm not keen on it either, but it looks lovely.

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
The most evil thing besides an evo ive seen in a long while!

How many different edges does that thign have! bugger to clean i bet!!