ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2006 Mini Cooper S - Another One.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Don't know mate I used stuff that's meant to stick anything on... didn't work too well! Have now bought the even stronger version lol.

Peugeot 308
More powerzz day and service @ 1320 MINI today.

Being 170 bloody miles away meant a 6.30am start today. I haven't managed to drive the car a considerable distance since I bought it so It was a good test for car (And my comfortableness?).

Anyway, arrived just before 10 (Thanks M25) Thomas cracked on with the car.

Engine Health Check in progress..

IMG_0544.JPG

All good, Thomas carried on with servicing the car (Insp 2) and cracked on with fitting the 15% Kavs Pulley.

A few bits, mounts and bolts removed along with the lump lifted up a little... the old Pulley came into view.

IMG_0545.JPG

Strapped onto the rolling road.. (Insta filter, sorry!)

IMG_0554.JPG

Quick Vid..

http://vid488.photobucket.com/album...0-30B7-40A9-9159-EE0B7E34D5CE_zps6qu4kuhk.mp4

End result = 211 Flywheel Bhp and 165wtq.

Thomas overlayed a stock GP graph against mine for me to see. Needless to say, it was nice seeing my S having more BHP and torque throughout near 100% of the rev range in comparison.

Mods to date:
15% Kavs Pulley
Orranje Stealth Airbox
'One-Ball' Mod - Not that I can imagine this adding any power.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
End result = 211 Flywheel Bhp and 165wtq.
What was the ATW figure for the bhp?
Dont think i've ever known 1320 to give a fly figure before, their dyno does everything at the wheels, ie:
10_zpsa80168db.jpg

Very surprised at your torque also, being that its higher than mine with cam/injectors/airbox/intercooler etc!!

Peugeot 308
I'll take a look at the graph later and get back to you @Sir_Dave - I want to say 184.2 or 185.2 lol.

Thomas did the Fly calculation/estimate.

I kind of regret not getting it on the rollers pre-pulley as it felt quite strong as standard.

@Brookie. Yes! It might be a mod next year. I also need rear discs and pads as I think they may be the originals and are shot lol.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Good chaps over at 1320.

Haven't read thread but the R56 upgrade might be in order if brakes feel s**t. Went from the GTi to the MCS this weekend and even over a short distance can feel the standard brakes are absolute pap.

Peugeot 308
Good thread being keeping an eye on this, how comes you are selling so soon?

Thanks.

I think I may need a E46 M3 before I become all sensible and buy a house but it's not conclusive yet.

I took the Mini for a blast today and had a riot tbh. Come up against a standard R53 and blew it away which was a 'big grin' moment.

It's up for strong money as I'm in no rush to sell it, after looking for one like this for a while.

Peugeot 308
------ UPDATE ------

Well, had my 1st viewer for the MINI today and he left me with a £500 deposit.

A proper nice chap that is an enthusiast with MINI's. He assured me it will be pampered and actually asked if I can fit a JCW Gearknob for him!

The car should be getting the minor work required, done this week, in prep for collection in a week or so.