ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2005 Clio 1.2 8v, do I have an alarm?

ast

Ibiza 5, A3 8p3, ph1
Hi, I have a 05 clio, 1.2 8v & was just wondering if I have an alarm? It says on the window theres a thatcham alarm system fitted, but ive never heard it go off & i dont have a seperate key fob for an alarm, how would i check if it works?
Also one more thing, is there an option on the dash to view mpg?

mine goes off if i lock the car whilst the window is down but thats a 02 172 so try that see what happens also has it got a trip computer theres a button on the end of the wiper stick that controls it if so hope that helps :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
1.2's never came with an alarm. the sticker says Cat 2 thatcham security, which is an imobiliser.

Renaultsports came with cat1 which is alarm and imobiliser.

ast

Ibiza 5, A3 8p3, ph1
mine goes off if i lock the car whilst the window is down but thats a 02 172 so try that see what happens also has it got a trip computer theres a button on the end of the wiper stick that controls it if so hope that helps :)
Tried the alarm stuff today, and nope it doesnt have one :(, Ill see if theres a button tomorrow, thanks :D

1.2's never came with an alarm. the sticker says Cat 2 thatcham security, which is an imobiliser.

Renaultsports came with cat1 which is alarm and imobiliser.
Oh, ok mate thanks :)