ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2004 clio 182 wheel bearing.which one ?

2004 clio 182
Hey guys.i have a front wheel bearing failing on my drivers side.

Euro car parts have two "snr" options and I don't know which one to go for.does anybody know what one and also maybe a part number ?

kY86T6T.png

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I had the bottom one of those fitted to mine the other week. That's on 182 Cup though, so if yours doesn't have 60mm hubs then I believe it's different.

2004 clio 182
Ok that's a great help,I do believe I have 60mm hubs but will confirm later today, thanks ever so much for quick reply daz

2004 clio 182
Just measured and it seems like it's 61mm so I'm guessing it's a 60mm hub.

So It will defo be the more expensive bearing ?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
That's the one, although have a look for any discount codes. I got mine for less than £50.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Seems a lot,I had an SKF for £23 from Andrew Page.
Are 182 cup bearings any different to the rest of Ph2?
@bloke
Yes 182 cup bearings are bigger.
182 Cups & trophys have 84mm outer diam
Non cup 182s share the same as all 172 - 72mm outer diam
Ok that's a great help,I do believe I have 60mm hubs but will confirm later today, thanks ever so much for quick reply daz
The 60mm spacing is to do with the bolt spacing on the shocks, which identifies cups - there is not 60mm dimension relevant to the hubs. I suspect the 61mm you are measuring is probably the centrebore which is the same for all clios (60.1mm) so isnt what you need to measure.

2004 clio 182
Sorry yeah I meant the space between the hub bolts for shock .just checked with wheel of this time and they are 60mm

So I will need the bigger more expensive bearing I'm guessing.thabks for all help and I am appreciative.

PH2 172
Sorry yeah I meant the space between the hub bolts for shock .just checked with wheel of this time and they are 60mm

So I will need the bigger more expensive bearing I'm guessing.thabks for all help and I am appreciative.
EPC quoted me a silly price for the one I got for £23 from AP.

2004 clio 182
Managed to get the bearing today. I have gone with the bigger of the two as daz has recently purchased and fitted same one and he has 60mm hub suspension mountings.i only paid 46 quid instead of 70 quid.i am fitting it later tonight and will post update.

2004 clio 182
so the bearing is done,it was indeed the correct bearing (thanks to all who helped sort inc daz)
it took 4 and half hours in total, 2 hours just to get driveshaft out of hub with at one point a sledgehammer,a puller ,and wheel nuts in there holes pushing on the hub all at once lol.
abs ring was badly corroded but i luckily had replacements.
old bearing was really badly failing.
pics will be in me build thread.
cheers guys !!!!!