ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2003 clio

ok, ive heard of a few ways of feeding the power cable to source my amp, but which is the easiest was for the 2002/3 models?

any sugestions?

and which is the best way to take the phono leads off the head unit?

cheers

Though the fire wall mate on the passenger side where the cable goes through for the bonnet pull take the leads either way did mine down the drivers side Ste

remove bonnet release cable,

take out the grommet,

drill a hole big enough for the cable you want to use

replace grommet

feed bonnet release cable and power cable through

job done

Ok, i want to do it without drilling any part of the car!!

answer = impossible!! theres no way through!!!

anyone got anyother wise suggestions, as my local ice dealer had a look and they reckon the only way through would be to take the windscreen wipers, tray etc off and feed it that way!!

Clio 172 Ph2

Mine already had a massive hole in the actual car. The bonnet release gromet also seems to be home to the alarm wires. Even with my 4AWG cable, there is still plenty of room!

im guessing the cup is different?

ive traced the bonnet release to the grommet in the passenger side, its fairly high up under the dash, with little room to manouvere. the grommet is basically the same size as the cable going through it!!

looking in the bonnet, its almost impossible to trace where the cable comes from? theres sound deadening and heat sheilding everywhere!!

is it a lost cause?

calling cup owners for suggestions!!

350z & 16v Maxi

Just fitted amp to one yesterday and yes the is absolutely murder to get the cable through.

I put the through that grommet, you just need to find a way through and once you have feed as much cable through as poss, then take the water bottle off, only 2 10mm bolts and put your hand inside the heat shield and the cable should be there. IT is very hard to get through the bulk head tho, i would suggest that you drill a hole through the grommet where the bonnet release cable is just make sure you dont hit the cable or remove it first as Bambam said. If you drill through the grommet then when you pull the cable out should, you wish to uninstall the stuff you will not have a hole as the grommet should more or less seal back up.

its no bloody use!!

the only grommet i can find in the passenger footwell carries the washer fluid pipe!?!?

as for the bonnet release, that seems to go off up in a different direction completely and totally un-accessible!!

i think im going to have to bite the bullit and pay my local ice shop to have a go!!