ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2003 clio dynamique - loss of power / blowing black smoke out the exhaust

2003 1.2 16v clio
I’ve been having this problem for the past 2 months and everywhere I take the Clio I keep getting told different things...
Whenever I drive my clio it loses power and I have to keep switching gears every few minutes in order for it to stay up in higher revs for it to drive... and it’s blowing black smoke. It’s very intermittent.

I’ve had a new coil pack with the leafs and spark plugs, a new fan sensor and also a new catalyst converter.. the old cat was absolutely broken so the new cat has made some what of a difference to the car when driving, for the past week it’s been driving fine, but today it just lost all power and I had to keep revving in order to drive it...

Any advice on what the problem could be would be absolutely great, as it’s my first car and I really don’t want to get rid of her... she was fine when I first had her...

By the way, I have been told by two garages it could be a manifold sensor, or a sensor to do with the cat, either the post or pre lambda sensor... any ideas??