ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 DCi 65 Not starting first time all time :(

phase 2 172
Hi everyone, now i travel alot of miles i sold my phase 1 172 and bought a 2002 clio dci 65. The problem is sometimes she doesnt start first time :( it tends to do it when its warm, so i dont think its the glow plugs. Anyone any idea what it is? it will normally start 2nd attempt if not firstm i have only ever once had it take 3 times to start . I found if i push accelerator when starting seems to help
Thought id add the car has done 94k
Thankss
jon

Last edited:
  Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Mines an 02 dCi 65 as well, done just under 93k and i sometimes have the very same problem, just remember to hold the key til its running propperly.

I was used to the 1.2 petrol i had before which barely needed to be held, it just jumped into life.

If it's same problem as mine, just hold the key until its running fully, not for ages, should only take split second longer than you would expect.

phase 2 172
Yea aston thats what i do at moment. I just woundered if it was something which is going to get worse?? Does yours sometimes to start first time?

Thanks
Jon

Mk4 XR3i 90 - spec
Mine doesnt seem to have gotten any worse over the past week or two i've owned it.

Gave it full service (belts and everythin) since it's on nearly 93k so it should last for ages now, runs fine despite starting problem. You just get used to it.