ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 clio immobiliser problem

Clio Sport 1.2 16v
Just after advice and see if this has happened to anyone else...

ok, ive been having trouble starting my clio, turn the key and it winds over and almost starts but doesnt, i do this a few times but nothing happens.
In my understanding to reset/bypass or allow the car to recognize your key you put it in the ingition and turn it all the way but not try to start it and leave it for a few mins and the immobiliser kinda resets.
I have to pretty much do this every time i have to start my car, though some times if i turn the key with my foot on the gas pedal it starts.
I also thought it was a car battery problem so replaced it because my battery was going flat and i was having to jump start it (it started straight away when i jumped it).

Ive yet to try replacing the battery in the keyfob as i guess it might be dieing.

One thing i have tried is locking the car manually, ie just locking both doors with the key. Which i did last night and i came down this morning and the car started first time as normal.

When i bought the car i had a alarm fitted by renault, like a factroy option.
I know there are different things you can set on the alarm by turning the key in the ignition but ive lost the manual, does anyone know what these are?

hope some one can point out some things to look at or try, thanks

MK2 S '00
you need a new key and it needs coding. For now you can press the button in on the key fob when turning it to start it.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
I tried this and it did work for a short period of time, now mine take about 30 attempts each time to start :mad:

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
i have a problem with my key not deactivating the immobiliser.

To tempory over come this, i apply light pressure to the button on the key when turning on the engine, but not enough to activate the central locking. It works everytime.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
i have a problem with my key not deactivating the immobiliser.

To tempory over come this, i apply light pressure to the button on the key when turning on the engine, but not enough to activate the central locking. It works everytime.

What a pain, is there a reason why they do this?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
For me, i have to do it because the chip in my key is faulty and i £160 for a new one is a bit steep.