ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Clio II Dash Display

1.2 16v Dynamique
posted this at renault forums a few days ago but thought I would get better luck here!

I have a 2002 Renault Clio II with this fault on the dashboard display.
IMAG0127.jpg

If you can't make it out from the picture, the bottom half of the display is faded away, to give you a greater understanding, the millage reads 89795. I'm not sure if this is down to a faulty display, loose wire or a bulb? I think it may be a loose wire due to the fact that when the problem first came about, it was intermittent, sometimes it would be there, sometimes not, sometimes a slight bang in frustration on the dash would sort it, but now it doesn't lol.

Could anyone help me here? I will eventually obviously be taking the dashboard off, which I haven't done before but looking at previous posts doesn't seem too difficult, I would just like to know what i'm looking for before I take it all off!

I hope you guys can help!

Cheers guys!

Mk2 Ph2
had the same problem but mine didnt display atall, someone on here told me, you take the dash off remove clocks and theres a small screw on tha back behind where the display screen is. dont know if this will sort yours but its worth a try it fixed mines :)

1.2 16v Dynamique
Thanks for the reply! So what's this screw for, sorry if im missing something lol, the screw detaches the display and I need to replace it or something else?

Mk2 Ph2
you might not need to remove the dials but its easier, just on the back of the clocks tighten a screw and that should be it fixed. ive attatched a photo of what screw to tighten.
if you choose to remove clock then it should look like this.
mjbhqh.jpg

just turn it over and tighten the screw i have hilighted red, hope this helps let me know how you get on :)
x37mes.jpg

1.2 16v Dynamique
Wow, thank you mate that's brilliant! I was considering doing the LED conversion whilst i'm in there, do you recommend or is it a bit of a job? Cheers again!

Mk2 Ph2
that is something i dont know anything about lolol :p but there are guides on here on how to do it in the guide section :)

1.2 16v Dynamique
Sorry mate but to view the guides do i have to have paid the £10 subscription? There seem to be no threads of anything when I go into there.