ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2002 Clio 1.4 Petrol?

I have a Clio 172 MK2 (I store it, drive it once a while, abt 4 month a year) and a Ford Mondeo Estate MK3.

Due to the high fuel cost, I want to sell the Mondeo and get a cheaper running car. I saw a Clio 1.4 Petrol 5-drs from 2002. That would be fun if I have 2 Clio.

Any comment abt this car? Anyone know the fuel economy of this 1.4 Clio? Any major problem I need to concern?

Many thanks!

Civic Type-S GT
I've got a 1.6 which is fairly similar to the 1.4 and i love it (not as fun as an RS obviously :() i usually manage about 39mpg and the only problem you're likely to have is having to change the ignition coils at some point - no hassle there though, easy 5 min job

BMW M4; S1000 RR
If you drove the 172 more conservatively with good awareness and planning then you'd be able to get a good mpg figure in that.. Buying another car is a bit pointless, you'd have to do mega miles to actually make it worthwhile.

(If you were running the Mondeo for it's extra space then I can see the sense in that, but to have 2 Clios is a bit daft imo).

It is very hard to sell my Mondeo in Hong Kong. No one care about Ford and even Renault here. Mainly because of its maintenance is expensive in compare with those Jap cars.

Just some French car lover will get the Renault.
I like rare, so I get Clio 172.
I think there are still 2 Megane 225 from 2007 still in Renault HK's stock. No one buy. All will get the DSG Golf GTI.