ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 RS Road Tax

182 Trophy, Octavia vRS
Just noticed if you buy a 200 RS registered after 1st April this year it's road tax is.........

£425.00

:eek:

Abarth 500 Essesse
Thats the first years road tax included in the cost of the car, it's not that every year, i hope!! lol

182 Trophy, Octavia vRS
First year rates - Cars registered on or after 1 April 2010 (based on fuel type and CO2 emissions)
From 1 April 2010, anyone buying a new car will pay a different rate of vehicle tax for the first tax disc. These are known as 'first year rates'.
From the second tax disc onwards, the standard rate of vehicle tax will apply. This will send a stronger signal to the buyer about the environmental implications of their car purchase and will only apply to new cars, not already registered cars.

*phew* :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
This will send a stronger signal to the buyer about the environmental implications of their car purchase

I love this bit, like your going to be just about to place your order for a 200, see that your paying £200 extra for your first years tax and suddenly go all environmentally friendly and buy a gee wizz.

Muppets :S

182 Trophy, Octavia vRS
It is ridiculous as the road tax is included in the purchase of the car, who's going to give a flying fcuk

Megane Mk4
So.. Hugh depreciation upon buying a car and now double the tax on the first year of owning it?? Kind of puts you off even more of buying new..

Abarth 500 Essesse
The tax is included in the cost of the car, not really going to notice 200 quid on a 16k car.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
The car must be taxed at the point of sale so pretty irrelevant as the garage will pay :)

Saying that the dealer will reflect it in the sale price so a new 59 Plate now appears to have been an even better deal (list price was reduced, scrappage schemed one of my runabouts and VAT was 15%)...

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Tax tax pisses me off, the system is so backwards.

Id remove car Tax completely because the tax should be on the fuel you use to make it fair.

Nissan 350z
More tax on fuel? are you crazy!

If anything it should be based on chassis size and not emissions. The size of the vehicle will dictate how much wear and tear it has on the roads surely.

I agree with Bazzon, knock car tax on the head and tax fuel more.

In this country, to drive a car on the road you pay the following taxes:

Road Fund License (Car tax)
Fuel Duty
VAT on the fuel price and on the fuel duty
Insurance Premium Tax
and if you want to drive in the Capital, Congestion Charge.

Its not right I tell ya!

Megane 225 F1
I agree. I know we all want cheaper petrol but i think we should only pay for what we use. Some people have cars that they dont use that often but pay same road tax as everyone else who drives more often. If we payed only for when we drive the car (petrol) then it would be a lot fairer system.

I still think petrol should be cheaper though.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
More tax on fuel? are you crazy!

If anything it should be based on chassis size and not emissions. The size of the vehicle will dictate how much wear and tear it has on the roads surely.

But that doesnt solve the problem at all,

The problem is you can have a high tax band car because you like it but you may only drive 4000miles a years, yet the people with low tax band cars could be driving 40K a year.

Thats how i see it any how, therefore the Tax should be on the Fuel we use, becuase the more miles you drive the more tax you pay. This system would also help keep the type of cars we all like on the roads.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
What people need to realise is that we drive the cars that the irriots in government don't want on the roads so we'll always be the enemy.

Tax for us will only ever go up. End of story.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with Bazzon, knock car tax on the head and tax fuel more.

In this country, to drive a car on the road you pay the following taxes:

Road Fund License (Car tax)
Fuel Duty
VAT on the fuel price and on the fuel duty
Insurance Premium Tax
and if you want to drive in the Capital, Congestion Charge.

Its not right I tell ya!

:D

[YOUTUBE]UWitjVfmNIo[/YOUTUBE]

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very expensive these days! Mines is £106 for 6 months just now.

Stagecoach Ticket
dnt stop the royals and the goverment running around in v8 ranges lol

should be on fuel that you use not on vech size or c02 your right but it will never happen the system that is used at the moment is not used to be fair its the most profitable way of doing things. They can claim more tax from the user and the supplier this way. Motorists are always a target as they obviously have a ok job and ok income to have a car in the first place so they will always pay the charges no point in trying to tax the pennyless pikeys on stolen bikes is it