ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 first service...

Suzuki Jimny
Hello.

Quickly racking up the miles in the new 200, enjoying every minute of it :)

Now the service interval is 12k or two years, was just wondering if its worth doing an intermediate oil change at say 6k or not bothering and just waiting for my first free service when I get to 12k.

i would give it an oil change asap personally, get some of the shite out of the engine, always bits in from new.

p.s hows the snot on your recaro? :p

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If it was me i'd do it as per manufactures instructions. How often you ever hear of an engine "wearing out" anyway.

Clio 197 Cup
Just do an oil change yourself for £40 all in, then get it done free at 12k.

if your going to do this i'd make sure you put a renault oil filter on cos if anything happens to your engine between now and 12k they are as sure as sh!t going to blame it on you using non renault parts

i change my oil once a year ot every 6k mate

Shurely that's what the oil filter is for?

All snot removed now.
Yes mate but i'd still do it if it were mine, i fish bits of s**t out of new build engines day in day out, you would be suprised the amount of s**te that comes out of them even after being cleaned etc

Lionel Richie
If it was me i'd do it as per manufactures instructions. How often you ever hear of an engine "wearing out" anyway.

the amount of engine failures on new cars is shocking, all this longlife oil stuff is utter b****cks, Fiat's twin air engine being one, i know of 4 clio 200's that have had new engines

Suzuki Jimny
Sorry for the bump on this, but if I change the oil myself, will this alter the 'miles until service' on the computer?

Mini Cooper S
National tyres will do an oil change, for under £60. I had one of their branches change my oil, they use Castrol edge. Not worth getting under the car for that money!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
National tyres will do an oil change, for under £60. I had one of their branches change my oil, they use Castrol edge. Not worth getting under the car for that money!

I'd stick with the recommended oil whilest in warranty tbh.

Suzuki Jimny

I would rather stick a fork in my eye than let one of those garages near my car.

Going to be doing it myself, using a genuine filter.