ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

200 bhp clio

c'mon people this could be a great thread if we could have some more intellegent input, ive been trudging through it for the last 10 minutes and the vast magority seems to be pointless arguing. Been thinking of owning a tuned clio myself and after owning a prodrived sti impreza for 6 months ive come to the conclusion that power is pointless without fun. Clios are fun and 1.5k on a 200bhp ugrade seems great value when you think of the running costs of a car like mine.

clio sport trophy
You could do a Megane 2.0 turbo transplant !! don't know if anyone has done it but you could get well over 260hp without any problemes !
and for 995£ you get 202hp with the morego kit.
http://www.morego.co.uk/product_details.php?id=27
it's a filter, cams, exaust and ecu and has very good reviews in EVO and comes with a 3 year warranty.

From AUTOCAR: The changes are subtle but effective. At low revs, the Morego retains the 182’s generous powerband, but there’s a bigger kick at the 5200 rpm valve-timing change and the extra bhp are most noticeable from there round to the 7800rpm rev-limiter. Best of all is that the new exhaust (available at £398 on its own) adds a fruity rasp to the engine’s otherwise boomy nature.

Last edited:
  Mreg 1.8 16v naples red
all i know is ive been quoted for full throttle bodies and cams etc. on my mk1 and im looking at £3500 before i fit the 2.0 bottom end..... its not worth it . you can get a nice scooby for the car price + the work price.

Mreg 1.8 16v naples red
and....JESUS f**king CHRIST. bloody hell. theres so much bollax in here. only just read it ALL. and daymmm. cant people just answer the question asked instead of bollaxing on about other cars and why it SHOULDNT be done. i want my car with more power. i love the way clios drive. ive driven ones with over 200hp and there still lush. even around town. stop al lthe crap and just answer the origional post... :)

ad

The answer is simple really.

If you want a 200 bhp clio you need:

Cams (schrick or cat are the best)
Modified Inlet manifold
2.5 inch exhaust
An IK - (Maxogen is the best) and CAF
Re-map ECU.

Mountune Tractor
c'mon people this could be a great thread if we could have some more intellegent input, ive been trudging through it for the last 10 minutes and the vast magority seems to be pointless arguing. Been thinking of owning a tuned clio myself and after owning a prodrived sti impreza for 6 months ive come to the conclusion that power is pointless without fun. Clios are fun and 1.5k on a 200bhp ugrade seems great value when you think of the running costs of a car like mine.

For starters the 172 does not have 172 bhp as standard so your going to have to get more than 28 extra horses, it will be more like 40.
If your serious about getting 200+ then just do the turbo conversion for 6k.

The answer is simple really.

If you want a 200 bhp clio you need:

Cams (schrick or cat are the best)
Modified Inlet manifold
2.5 inch exhaust
An IK - (Maxogen is the best) and CAF
Re-map ECU.

If its a 172 you also need a 182 manifold.

We have dyno tested a whole bunch of clio's in Australia, back to back.

There is little to no difference between a 172, and a 182. Some infact, produced more power. The 182 manifold costs way too much to install anyway IMO, but I guess you would get a couple of horses in theory.

Last edited:
buy an impreza or something. why bother unless you are happy making a massive loss when you sell the car.

I have driven an impreza on a track and was not impressed. Give me a lightweight hot hatchback anyday.

I know it is personal preference and wont deny that an impreza/ evo tuned would eat a tuned clio. But people like cars for different reasons.

Out of interest have you driven an impreza if so what was the spec and why is it such a great car.

yak yak yak. If i wanted an Impreza id buy one. My friend andy has a P1, the running costs and fuel bills put me off.

The insurance wont be much more but i like the Clio, period.

I would invest a couple of grand to make over 200hp as it will still be a Clio with lower running costs and parts.