ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 things I would like help with.

Full fat 182
I have been experiencing for a while that my 182 cup packs clio is clicking when turning mainly when going round roundabouts doing a 3 point to turn.

Also when I had the front right wheel jacked up today with the car running the drivers wheel was slowly turning I could stop it turning with my hand or by pressing the clutch. Is this my clutch sticking and will adjusting my cable stop it if so how do I go about adjusting my clutch cable.

Thanks in advance Alex.

It's normal for one, or both, of the wheels to turn when jacked up.

Which part of the car is clicking when going round roundabouts?

Full fat 182
Thanks for clearing the first bit up. And it sounds like it's coming from just behind the steering wheel and it's lots of little clicks almost sounds like a bearing.

Westfield, 182, 200
Sounds like a cv joint.
See if it's noisier on full lock rather than partial lock and see if it happens in one direction more than the other!

Full fat 182
nope the noise is pretty constant both ways and only happens when turning the wheel. I thought it was cv's had them checked and re-greased no problems with them.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Could also be your steering squib (as you're saying behind the wheel), if someone's had the wheel off before and not put it back properly, it could not be re-fitted correctly.