ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2 fault codes. Help

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd offer to scope it for you... if i knew what the f**k i was doing :what:

You not sort your thing yourself mate?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Yeah, I'll find some time this week to get on it before we hit Bedford on Friday. Just typical though as I only said earlier how reliable my 172 had been considering its covered 154k

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
So its your own fault, not mine!

Pain in the arse really but i suppose they are all old wires so alot of them will be on their way out eh?

LY FF182
Mick you should be well experienced in limp mode and throttle wiring after playing with my 182!

The big white plug in the fuse box, pull it apart and there's a row of wires in a blue plastic.. 6 of those wires are the 6 throttle to ecu wires and mine were corroded.. Keep taking apart and cleaning them.. Also the pin in the ecu plug, require a wiggle from time to time on mine!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks for that mate, ill check the white plug tonight, its really dirty on my car!

Which pin are you talking about on the ecu?

LY FF182
Yeah that white plug is filthy on mine too! Can't remember which PIN numbers but there's 6 for the throttle... Wiggle all the wires.. Seems to help the connection!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Did cleaning the white plug fix your problem?

Going to have a look tonight and see what i can do.

Also, whats best for cleaning all the green s**t off the fuses and wiring?

Cup In bits
You get proper stuff for it but a little rub with wire brush where possible and then wd40 and work any suspect plug in and out, you want to see some shiny lines on the pins of plugs and that's so you know they have been scrapped by the connecting plug which shows a half decent connection.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok guys, i really dont want to say this because i know whats going to happen.

But i think ive sorted it!

Cleaned the dirty white box, opened and closes it a few times and also swapped a throttle body i had bought last week, i was out for about 40 minutes driving and ive not had it happen!

LY FF182
Did cleaning the white plug fix your problem?

Going to have a look tonight and see what i can do.

Also, whats best for cleaning all the green s**t off the fuses and wiring?

Yeah at one point I'd turn the engine on and it'd rev at 3k elec fault light on and te throttle pedal did nothing.. No continuity through that white plug.. Clean the terminals and it worked. Just the ecu plug still has slightly dodgy connections but wiggling it sorts that!

Glad to hear its running right again!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahright! Thats not too bad then.

Thanks for the info anyways, i took the car to work this morning which is an hours drive and its was fine!

Is it possible to repair a faulty TB or is it fucked?

Cup In bits
Nice one wd40 FTMFW, there aint much it cant do tbh.

​^^^ Unless your bill gates its pointless.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Haha!

Aye it was just to sell it on rather than binning it mate.

Also noticed that my own coilpack (about 5months old) and one i bought are damaged, is it common for them to crack around the bolt holes?