ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2.2 f4r clio engine

http://www.motorsport-sales.com/ind...d=3262&zenid=b9df44ecbe6139a95fef7108b68aa5df

2.2Kit.jpg

Full race Renault Clio CUP/Sport engine. Built with a forged 2.2L engine race kit -Stroked lightweight crankshaft.Superfinished journals. ACL RACE series bearings -Bespoke forged lightweight pistons -Bespoke forged lightweight rods -Oversize forged valves -Ported head -310º Degree camshafts 12.5/12mm lift -Vernier pulleys. -Race valve springs -All new seals, gaskets. Race proven, highest torque output and completely reliable setup Never raced. completely new. Engine management ECU under request

€7,495.00

a whole lot of custom bits, some one has spent a lot of money

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
stroker crank on it's own.....probably a couple of G's, then having it reworked/balanced/knife edged......more.

All looks like nice bits. I'd question the point of stroking an already very long stroke engine though. High revs would rip it apart.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I wont the lotto I would buy a mint 182 strip it repaint it and drop an engine like this in it.

I can dream cant I? :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
stroker crank on it's own.....probably a couple of G's, then having it reworked/balanced/knife edged......more.

All looks like nice bits. I'd question the point of stroking an already very long stroke engine though. High revs would rip it apart.

Fancy explaining this Dan? Always wanted to know how an F4R really operates! :eek:

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
if you increase the stroke, then the piston and rod have to travel further in the same time. The higher you rev, the faster they're going. Now the speed itself isn't the problem, it's the sudden change of direction at the top and bottom of the stroke. Huge loads from this will usually take effect on the weakest link. On a stock engine the weak link is the conrod bolts. After this you move to the next weakest part, which is likely to be either the pistons casting (a good reason to go forged piston when revving high) and the rod itself bending or even fracturing. You can make the transition gentler by using longer rods, if you look at the inside of a honda engine like the B18 for example, the rods are a good inch or so longer than those in an F4R. Really high revving engines like a motorbike for example tend to be short stroke

A simple way to put it would be if you half the stroke, then at the same rpm, the piston is travelling at half the speed