ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2.0 clio problem????

172 Credit crunch edition
My car seems to have no power at all when i first start it up it seems like it is retarding and pop a little at 2k rpm ish. Common problem?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Have you only just brought the car? They are quite slow from cold and mine has a bad lack of power between 2-3k but after 2-3 mins its gone.

172 Credit crunch edition
no no had it a year now. I never drive it hard from cold but yesterday i pulled out of a junction and had to give it some beans.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They all do it from cold . Like lemmonnobby says after a few minutes when it's warmed up it should be fine .

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Could have a fault but i never notice it when im driving sensible. The minute i give it some beans its horrible.

Mk4 .:R32
iirc its something to do with ecu whens its cold. basically its to stop you ragging it when cold which can f**k the engine up

W

wickedbitch

mines a **** in a morning too, i tend to leave her running on the drive for 5mins in a morning to warm her up a little

Recaro'd 182
oxygen sensors require warming up before they operate effectively. It should be ok once it swaps to closed loop control.