ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st time shooting cars

Friend of mine shot the recent NW/SW meet heres a couple so far
He shot these hanging out of the car with a seat belt around his wrist with a flash in one hand and a camera in the other on the motorway at 90mph :)
3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Need s a slower shutter speed to get some movement in the wheels, other than that the focus looks good.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Friend of mine shot the recent NW/SW meet heres a couple so far
He shot these hanging out of the car with a seat belt around his wrist with a flash in one hand and a camera in the other on the motorway at 90mph :)

4-1.jpg

I will say again and again - how much better does that 197 look with a bit of spoiler showing at the rear?

Should be a compulsory fit imo. Only wusses would request it to be left off. ;)

D.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
nice photos but 2 crits...the flash is pointless... all it will do is freeze motion and in that situation blurred would look better....

second whatever he has done to the colours has drained the pop out of the liquid yellow! adjusting levels to get a more dramatic background is ok... but you have lost the colour of the clio... next time make an aditional layer use the top one to get your background then erase around the car to get the original liquid yellow colour... or just make a mask for the car...

ive done it before hung out the window of a r5 gordini turbo lol...
15.jpg

14.jpg

for me, the picsdave took (182 and 197) look way better than the cossie/Impreza.
The 2 took by Malice, although they are good pictures look like a normal picture.
The 2 dave took to me look like catalogue style ones, really good.
Thoughts?

VaVa
I think they're all pretty 'average'. Not saying I could do better myself. Much more sense of movement in malices and better composition. Top pictures look photoshopped and possibly HDR. Malices do look a little cold.

In Malices defence, it looks as though the light on the day he took them was pretty poor tbh.

I think the first two do look a bit still, good pics, but no sense of speed. Almost looks like the 197 is at a standstill.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I think they're all pretty 'average'. Not saying I could do better myself. Much more sense of movement in malices and better composition. Top pictures look photoshopped and possibly HDR. Malices do look a little cold.

In Malices defence, it looks as though the light on the day he took them was pretty poor tbh.

about 6am or something daft on the way to silverstone with a d70 had only just started doing photography, would make a few changes now...

1.4 16v Clio
The only problem with a long shutter speed is the fact that doing 90 down the motorway its gona be pretty hard to keep a camera still enough to not blur the car aswell as the background and wheels.

Thanks for the replys guys, The flash your right has froze the movement, i edited a version with movement in it, but in the end i decided to leave as it was. and to the guy that mentioned i had taken the colour out, your right it doesn't work so good with the 197, but all my images recently have been de saturated, its a force of habbit lol. I really liked how the blue one came out, and i used my flash as i wanted to try and create a "wrap around" lighting affect as the light was beaming on the opposite side of the car so using my flash i was able to even it out and create the "HDR" look.
thanks again guys as i said this is my 1st attempt at doing this, but i fancy giving it another go, so chances are ill be at another clip meet with mike when ever he decides to go.

VaVa
The only problem with a long shutter speed is the fact that doing 90 down the motorway its gona be pretty hard to keep a camera still enough to not blur the car aswell as the background and wheels.

You don't need a long shutter speed.... just a bit longer - The wheels are travelling incredibly quickly at 90 mph so don't take much blurring!