ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st photoshoot attempt....

Italian 3.2 V6
hey,

just got my new Cannon 1000D yesterday!, so thought since today was such a lovely day, nice n clear! so i got my m8 over and we gave the cars a good old clean and a wax :D then took them to the local green to do my 1st photo-shoot on the cars :D

hope you enjoy them! any1 give me any pointers, tip to improve them in the future!?

CRITICISM IS THE WAY FOURTH! lol

non of them have been photoshopped they are straight load up off the cam! :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33769761@N07/

RS RIP
Nice ! Got yourself a nice cam too !

Critisisme is the way forward you say ;) ;

Notice that background features/ environment can distract the actual subject ; like the lines on the tarmac. Trie it on a totally black piece of tarmac.
Too much tarmac in the one pic also. Generally too much surrounding will disturb subject in pic.
Also everything below 50mm lens will "blow out/up" the subject ; 50 mm is the real life look.

I used to hobby a lot (and 2 years job-wise) but it's pretty damn expensive , prints etc. so i quit :(

Italian 3.2 V6
thanks for the good comments and thanks for the advise :) will take all in to consideration when I next take some snaps :) hopefully soon :D really injoyed cleanin the car then gettin the pics, well fun! :D

Italian 3.2 V6
thanks guys! And thanks for the compliments on my 172 :D chuffed that u all like :) makes it all the more worth it! :)

Will hope to get some more better ones up soon!

Black 182
Good effort p4ers , take ur enjoying it better than the last clio lol , drop me a pm if u fancy a run out some time been a while .

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Nice pics mate!

Flamer looks mint, one of the nicest I've seen!

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
very nice mate, lovely crisp shots... just out of interest how much is the old girl lowered by?

Italian 3.2 V6
Good effort p4ers , take ur enjoying it better than the last clio lol , drop me a pm if u fancy a run out some time been a while .

HELL YEA lol, miles more fun to drive! :D yea we should organize another run out, was gr8 last time, plus my cuzin who came along last time in the f1 R27 has now got a 147 GTA, looks the sex! so he would be happy to come along too! we should sort something out! plus i can take some sexy snaps with my new cam! :D lol ...i also hear uno my very good mate, richard nixon who works a lexus! lol ;)

Black 182
HELL YEA lol, miles more fun to drive! :D yea we should organize another run out, was gr8 last time, plus my cuzin who came along last time in the f1 R27 has now got a 147 GTA, looks the sex! so he would be happy to come along too! we should sort something out! plus i can take some sexy snaps with my new cam! :D lol ...i also hear uno my very good mate, richard nixon who works a lexus! lol ;)

Yes i know him well, i recognised his car in the pics u took

alien green rs133
as mentioned above play around with subjects try an make the car either the subject of the picture or make it the back ground it cant be both, it that makes anysence

3143640271_480cbc74e6.jpg

its better to take a pic that just shows a tiny bit of the car in the foreground, than to miss tiny bits off

3143649291_d3fc9def96.png

also silvervisions seriously needed

hutchie

Last edited:
  Italian 3.2 V6
as mentioned above play around with subjects try an make the car either the subject of the picture or make it the back ground it cant be both, it that makes anysence

3143640271_480cbc74e6.jpg

its better to take a pic that just shows a tiny bit of the car in the foreground, than to miss tiny bits off

3143649291_d3fc9def96.png

also silvervisions seriously needed
hutchie

Ok cool thanks for your advise :) so do u mean plain simple backgrounds (not busy unless focusing on background) or do u mean blur the were I am not focusing on I.e focus on the car blur the background... What setting would I change to do that in these type of pictures? Or would I need a total different lense? I only have a standard one 18-55 (iirc)

Thanks