ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st months ownaship of my 172/182

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172
week one go out buy a reletivley cheap 172 at £1100 quid needs a few things doing but nothing major
IMG_0068.jpg

day 2 go to get engine mount fixed no problems to report
day 4 go to get full through zorst with decat
IMG_0067.jpg

car all running fine :0)
day 5 cam belt snapped dough!
car sits in yard for week well i make some dicisions
week two go out and spend some money
P1020108.jpg

228065_10150174859893500_552598499_7012274_2769909_n.jpg

182 engine and manifold bought
week 3
all bits in previous picture get fitted to engine ready to be dropped in the car
P1020113.jpg

week 4
car back on the road with a nicely running 182 engine and full through zorst with new clutch timeingbelt aux belt water pump dephaser
now hopfully i can i can play
total cost off car todate £2400

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172
may i also add that the guy that did this work is called lee he did a great job engine is perfect timming spot on he tracks a clio himself his garrage is called the autoworkshop in denton north west i have no crumbles with him at all

182 Inferno Orange
How much to buy and fit the engine? Thats excellent for the money you have spent!

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172
engine @ 50k was 400 then 400 for all bits and bats and 400 to have it fitted plus oil filter ect the bigest saving was the guys that where selling the engine on the phone call made i said has it got the manifold he said yes but when i got there he thought i ment the inlet i said i ment the zorst manifold he just oh ok and went and got it for the the same price off 400 i was well shocked

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172
they guy who did it is a mate off mine so maybe a little derer for the public vat ect but all in all im well happy with the result any one in the north west that wants to take there clio rs to a guy with ample knowlauge about them should visit him he dunt advertise as a spesailist or out but he knows his stuff for sure and you wont pay the premium off the rs tunners but get the same job

S'trollin on size 7s
ah well atleast you have still come out with abit of a bargain.

i bought mine for 2500 had to buy a driveshaft, 2 new tyres and get it serviced . few month later timing belt snapped on me. got the engine rebuilt new dephaser aswel while it was all out plus because it had been stood a while had to get new front discs and pads , had it back 3 week ...wrote it off :( lol

gdw

RS Clio 172
what other problems did the car initially have for it to cost only £1100?

Happy you got it all sorted, how much was the exhaust ans did they modify the rear bumper for you?

caffery

ClioSport Club Member
  clio sport 2003 172
the wheels are 16s not sure what there off
orrig the car had really bad zorst was falling off blowing everyware beyond repair and the engine was lose wich turned out to be a lose mount only needed tightning
the zorst was 300 quid fitted by a company called green woods in rochdale they just custome make em the bumper was already cut when i bought it the right bank is just a false one now though as i dint want a big hole maybe one day ill get a new bumper