ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1st attempt at photography, advice needed

mk 2 172
went along to a racer meeting for the weekend with my lil cousin and family. thought id bring the camera eventhough i knew id struggle with standard lens.

anyway heres the pics:eek: not impressed at all. they have been cropped alot because i realy struggle with my lens. there all in auto mode with a 18-55 lens taken with a d60. i did try it in shutter priority mode with the speed down a tad but they just came out too dark.

any advise would be great and can someone please recoment me a lens on a tight budget.

CSC_0644.jpg

CSC_0670.jpg

CSC_0671.jpg

CSC_0685.jpg

CSC_0725.jpg

DSC_0689.jpg

DSC_0707.jpg

Megane Mk4
Auto mode seems to shrink those bikes ;)

Seriously though, Auto mode. if your not brave enough to try any of the other settings yet, try setting the camera up to focus in the middle of the photo:

Menu Button > Custom Setting Menu (Pencil Icon) > 03 - AF-area mode..
Set it to Dynamic area. then, make sure your subject (namely the bike) is in the centre of the picture, so the camera focuses on that and nothing else.

If the shutter priority mode is taking pictures that are too dark, either the ISO setting is wrong, or your shutter speed is too quick.

A budget lens? .. Depends what you are wanting it for. Bigger zoom with auto focus? etc etc..

Looked like a fun day.