ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crash Course in Photography

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Okay, trying to get some pictures and I’m missing something.

Taking pictures of my work place to be used online so want them to be well lit, unfortunately the building has its dark nocks which doesn't look very appealing.

Increasing the ISO doesn't seem to have much effect on the further away dark parts in the photos. Reducing the aperture seems to remedy this but it always comes out blurry!

Am I only going to be able to get these photos with a tripod? If so, I can't afford that!

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Done, i've sent a couple.

These are indoors, the worset ones!

edity: i've sent 3, hope you get them

Ian

Focus TDCi
When you've got areas of light and dark in the same photo like that Saner, it's not really a case of changing camera settings as (in general) they change the exposure of the photo on the whole, rather than specific areas.

To get the whole scene evenly lit, it's usually a case of additional lighting/flash work to light up the dark areas, or as the duck has suggested, post processing work to achieve the same effect but without the additional lighting. :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Which lens or even settings for taking shots of a group of people? :)

I get the odd lucky shot where everyone in the photo is actually in focus
- others (pics not people) I don't be so happy with lol

Which lens or even settings for taking shots of a group of people? :)

I get the odd lucky shot where everyone in the photo is actually in focus
- others (pics not people) I don't be so happy with lol

Avoid using wide angle if you can. As the people near the edge of the shot will be distorted, and will look really weird.

If you referring to wedding shots (saw your other thread) then flash is a must 90%+ of the time. Learn how to set it up properly ie. using bounce flash, and not direct at the people.

I've not long been back from Spain to shoot a mates wedding, and they had loads of group photos.
Quite pleased with this one, I havent fiddling about with it yet though:

DSC_6451.jpg

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just general photos of a group mate, even if it's only 3 or 4 people - I might get 2 people in focus and others their face is blurry :S

I usually have my Sigma 17-70mm on when I'm out & about with a bunch of scouts I take photos for.

Due to parental consent and child protection I can't upload them to the net to get C&C on them

Honda. Tesla Someday
One of my presents for my 25th birthday just gone was a Canon 1000D (thanks to my girlfriend!!) - so chuffed! This thread has been brilliant!

Thank you