ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 tuning options

Clio 197
What sort of options are out there for some basic reasonably cheap (not thousands of £££) tuning mods for my 197? I know it's quite limited being Nat.aspitated but surely there's stuff out there.

monaco 172
Doubt it. Theyve already managed to squeeze out 20hp more than the same block on a 172 so without major mods your not gonna get much.

Induction, decat and remap I bet is your lot.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah as above. Without turbo'ing, sticking a meg engine in, ITB's etc.. you're not gonna get much more juice than it already has unfortunately.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Timing adjustment will probably be your biggest gain, advancing the inlet cam a few degrees. Followed by a remap to suit with a slightly raised rev limiter.

Clio 197
I've been looking at bolt on direct to head throttle bodies but can't find any for the 197s, any ideas?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I'm sure Mark's 172 Cup was a 172 block with 197 head and cams which was timed up to group n spec.
Nah that was the original engine mate. The hybrid was dialled in on the standard marks. I've got a cam tool for the 197/200's but you also have a different cam to fit. It ain't 'cheap' horsepower either if you get me!