ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 supercharged

Countryman JCW
Can you, or has anyone supercharged their 197?

If so, where, and how much did it cost?

Or any other details you may have on this.

Turbo LY R27
Not sure but i know jamsport in northampton will do it for bout 3.5-4k! Im gonna do it when i have the cash. (be a while lol)

Countryman JCW
Ok, has anyone on here had theirs done?

Would be interesting to see what kind of figures they are putting out, and what the reliability is like compared to the 1*2 charged cars.

Was a 197
Someone was having their R27 done in Coventry, I think he's name is Sean. Last time I heard it wasn't very sucessful as it killed his engine!!

They went a bit too far with the torque IIRC!!

Countryman JCW
Ah right by me then. Im guessing at the 197 is still fairly new, development is still going to be in its early stages.

K-tec need to get on the case lol!

there's other safer methods to tune, raptor's is quick as is steburns' so iv heard... saying that, handling really is the strong point of this car, so it probably doesnt really need charging...

200 Silverstone #41
K tec are currently developing a turbo kit for the 197 / 200!! That's what they told me when I was down there a few weeks ago! No idea on price though?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
A charged 197 would be interesting! White 197, speedlines, coilies + camber and a charger would be rather nice!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Bugger :(.

What if i give you 6K'ish, my car for 18 months and you take it apart sell a few bits and give it me back a non runner?!?! Deal?!:rasp::evil: