ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197/R27 Recaro's Not Fit For Purpose?

Ad

MK2 FRS
Alan, might you feel different about this if you were experiencing the issue?

Wouldnt stop me buying one, even if renault do replace the worn covers, they wont do that after the first year of warranty, so this is a ongoing future problem. Good excuse to get a leather retrim;)

Mini Cooper S sport
People should learn to use the seats properly or loose some weight so they don't have to rub over the side bolsters..

Yeah I'd say it's probably more down to the way people get in and out of the car, than a weight issue.

That is pretty crap though, whatever the reason, they shouldn't wear out that quickly!

Ad

MK2 FRS
People should learn to use the seats properly or loose some weight so they don't have to rub over the side bolsters..

Yeah I'd say it's probably more down to the way people get in and out of the car, than a weight issue.

That is pretty crap though, whatever the reason, they shouldn't wear out that quickly!

Its a car seat and its a clio.. not some sports car. It should be suitbale for the average person. Without having to get out the car in a special way.

Last edited:
  e60 M5 -172- dciheid
shocking mess, if the fabric is too tight getting in and out will rub, nightmare though.

what is it with reno and pisch seats!

Seems a shame, I did think they looked alittle 'delicate' when i looked at one. I can sort or relate to what Alan's saying in that some people are very hard on things in terms of getting in and out the car but its still no excuse.
Surely its a Recaro issue rather than a Renault issue?

Ah fair point, i just assumed Recaro supplied them to Renault complete but like you say Renault probably supplied Recaro with the fabric.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Standard seats FTW!!!! Although i'm jealous of the Recaro looks :(

too many 197 drivers wearing corduroy trousers...adding to the fabric stress on the seats...

leather trousers FTW or even silk..

ST
too many 197 drivers wearing corduroy trousers...adding to the fabric stress on the seats...

Nae troosers at all...just 'wully flappin' about...

When you seen me in EK the other day i only had a rugby top, socks n shoes on..

Nae troosers at at...just 'wully flappin' about...

When you seen me in EK the other day i only had a rugby top, socks n shoes on..

and an errection...

dont worry, you can see right into cars from a transit van...

Mini Cooper S sport

Its a car seat and its a clio.. not some sports car. It should be suitbale for the average person. Without having to get out the car in a special way.

As I said - I agree!

Annoyingly, yet luckily the right hand side of my drivers seat has 'come off' so to speak, which means the fabric isn't tight and seems to give it a nice amount of give so that it doesn't fray! 22000 miles done in the car now which is a lot more than other people have done before fraying.

However my drivers seat creaks, the dealer seems to have tightened it up a bit so doesn't do it very often but it still needs a seat runner which I've been waiting for since August/September time when I had it serviced.

Pretty shocking, I agree with the point that this is a Clio, not some high-end weekend only sports car. At the end of the day plenty of 'normal' car owners with a few quid are going to buy these to get the best version money can buy. If by getting in and out without touching the bolster is deemed as improper maintenance this is even worse than the 172 steering wheel issue (where touching it seemed to be deemed improper maintenance), thankfully for Renault that issue didn't really come up until after most warranties had expired.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
shocking tbh, my daytonas have done 60k and there ever so slightly worn, if i had bought a 197 and this happened it would push me over the edge after i realise that its too heavy!!! :rasp:;)

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
GORDON007.jpg

Love my daytonas for value for money there perfect! ;)
As regards rusting frames (why not buy some mat/gloss/satin spray and flash them in - its not that hard folks :rasp:

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
As regards rusting frames (why not buy some mat/gloss/satin spray and flash them in - its not that hard folks :rasp:

Missing the point it is a brand new car should not have too.

Lots of things you shouldnt have to! (having owned a brand new elise) that was far from perfect! Im not missing the point - i just understand new cars arent perfect too! (ive had new ones with dents in etc etc) various problems with owning 15 cars! :) i know its not right! but its sometimes easier to sort the problem your self then to take it to a dealer!

the recaro sub frames are pretty shocking, the ones for the 182 are rubbish fit, the seats should wear like that after not much miles.

Maybe recaro were selling these really cheap, they have appeard in the new mini works and I think iv seen them in a few other cars

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
I remember when i 1st sat in a R27 i thought it was a small struggle to get in and out of them, no surprise they are wearing away. It was my main concern with the seats when i 1st saw them.

To be fair Paul yours have probably rusted to f**k, but you've not noticed as its blended in with the rest of the car ;)

I'd be pretty narked if that happened to my seats.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

To be fair Paul yours have probably rusted to f**k, but you've not noticed as its blended in with the rest of the car ;)

I'd be pretty narked if that happened to my seats.

my frames were far from perfect! so i flashed one in (as it bugged me) thank you :eek: Now looks perfect :rasp:

Clio 197 F1 R27
No problems with mine at 3000 miles, i tend to climb over into them rather than slide into them hence less rubbing and wear. Still shouldn't happen but the problem is with Recaro not Renault, but Renault should sort this out for owners who have suffered. Though won't it come under wear and tear? Poor if thats the case!

The problem has nothing to do with Recaro. Renault are the seller in this case, and if the seats were not tested for durability by Renault, then they should not be in a mass production car. Renault sold them in the car - so that's who you take it up with IMO.