ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 injectors

M135i and the shed
Evening ladies and gents.

Following a slightly disappointing trip to RS Tuning this weekend l'm on the look out for a new injector (or 4!). Does anyone know where l can pick these up for less than Renault direct?

Also l take it l need to remove the inlet manifold to replace them and will need a new gasket for that. Anything else l should remember? Anyone know what torque the inlet manifold bolts require?

Need to get this sorted asap so l can go back to Paul and have him look at it again.

Cheers

Chris

ValverInBits
IMHO specific torques are not important in manifolds. Although there is no need to crank them on too tight as its an ally head and they'll soon stick in with the heat/cool of the engine.

As for the manifold gasket, that is a manufacturer/haynes manual recommendation. Again not essential, many jobs have been carried out sucessfully without changing the gasket, just check the condition.

I assume we are talking about a 197 here (although it says you have 225). Having not worked on the car i can only guess. You'll probably need to remove top manifold, slam panel, and fuel rail gaurd, then fuel rail. Hopefully you'll be able to leave the bottom manifold on.

E30 318iS x2
Give renault a ring they should be able to help with torque figures but being an inlet manifold it isn't majorly under any stresses etc. so doubt you need to worry about that.

FYI: I have had the inlets and exhausts off of the cars at work. Exhaust is as tight as you can do it and the inlet is held on with small M6's which again just need to be nipped up (this is on a Ford V6).

You will need a full set of injectors which could cost an awful lot! (why would you only want one any way?)

M135i and the shed
Its a 197 yes. Also l mentioned in the first post that one is faulty but l'll need to replace all four.

On the 197 it looks like 8 bolts top take the top part of the inlet manifold off and the you can access the injectors directly under that?

E30 318iS x2
If you start having odd injectors, they all different ages and wear levels, likely effect the performance etc.

M135i and the shed
Well Paul at RS Tuning had it on the dyno and identified it as being faulty but its not throwing any fault codes/lights up. Renault will no doubt just tell me there is nothing wrong with it.

Paul also recommended to change all 4 rather than just one as once one goes, the rest tend to follow............which is great :(

Lionel Richie
^na, out of my 6 NEW ones 2 were fucked, they sometimes come broken even when new, get them tested

M135i and the shed
I have heard of an injector tester yeah. Thanks.

I think Pauls point was that once one injector went, the others usually follow suit. Hence l could change one but l might have to have the inlet manifold back off in 2 months time to change another.

Sound logical?

I know in my line of work on diesel DMU trains for instance, its always policy to change all injectors if one fails from a lifespan, performance and reliability point of view.

Lionel Richie
its your money, i would just changing the knackered one, i always suggest having new injectors tested prior to fitting, as i said previously its not unheard of to find new ones not working properly

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Id be tempted to give renault a go with the warranty. Surely they will test them. The worst they can say is NO so worth a try imo

ITB'd MK1
I have heard of an injector tester yeah. Thanks.

I think Pauls point was that once one injector went, the others usually follow suit. Hence l could change one but l might have to have the inlet manifold back off in 2 months time to change another.

Sound logical?

I know in my line of work on diesel DMU trains for instance, its always policy to change all injectors if one fails from a lifespan, performance and reliability point of view.

injectors aren't directly linked in a way that could cause failure of more than one unless there's a major fuel contamination problem though. A burnt coil which is a more common injector failure would be down to the individual injector unless you're over running the duty cycle for extended periods. Just change the faulty one IMO

Renaultsport Clio 197
i had a failed injector a few months back..changed after warranty but only after the mechanics saw for them selves that the car is working like a tractor.

diagnostics equipment they have and my rs tuner aren't showing any faults now.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ignition coils, ive known them to follow one another, but never injectors, id just replace the faulty one