ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 folding mirrors...retro fit?

Trophy
hey there ..
does anyone know if the 197 s can have the folding mirrors retro fitted?
the wiring is bound to be there already...so is it jusy a case of the dealers fitting servos on each mirror...?

cheers

sounds like a big job...

positioning the switch etc...(btw, im assuming it was an option with the new clio??) like the megane?

Golf R
sounds like a big job...

positioning the switch etc...(btw, im assuming it was an option with the new clio??) like the megane?

it was a £110 option or something from memory... the only thing i didn't opt for. boy do i regret it everytime i have to manually push my mirrors in :rasp:

Da

Less
I always fold mine in when parked on side roads etc, I wish it was an option on the 182! :dapprove:

Why on earth would you need these? Ive folded my mirror in once I think, really dont see the need................ Unless you live in London but even then just wind down the window and pull it in!!

Why on earth would you need these? Ive folded my mirror in once I think, really dont see the need................ Unless you live in London but even then just wind down the window and pull it in!!

you've answered your own question.

people want them because it saves them winding the window down and pulling the mirrors in.

Da

Less

lol, I don't know where you live but on my road it's all on-street parking with no drives/garages etc. Folding your mirrors in is a must!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Very very rare my car gets parked on a road, i can't parallel park (lack of practise), probably only done it a handfull of times since i pasted my test.

Trophy
yep i hear what you're saying...
to be honest its all due to a 2nd hand 197 i was thinking about buying for the wife...i thought if the option was there she would use it...

f**k its taken 8 years to get her to park in end spots!! theres no way she will ever fold the mirrors in (unless i was there)

needless to say she never drives the trophy

M2 Competition
I find if you fold you r m,irrors in people get closer to your car. With the mirrosrs out peopel stay that littrle bit fuethret away. i think that made sendse.

It takes two seconds though, christ wanting to fit folding mirrors, man up!

Trophy
hey i'm only asking the question...
"can the folding mirrors be retro fitted"..?...lol
obivously the wiring is there,and no doubt it uses the electric mirror motor already in there...
the dealer doesnt know...

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
its an interesting idea of retro fitting them i can remember when you only got them on mercs. the problemi fint is that ,most mirrors arent actually that much smaller if they are folded in perhaps an inch a the most lol the only reason mirrors fold is that they give if knocked instead of falling off.

i'm not sure about them using the same motor i'd have thought ther'd perhaps be another motor in there. or may be in the door mount.
any one with some willing to flick out a mirror glass to have a look??