ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 diffuser 85% complete lol

attachment.php

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Ah so youve done away with the wheel well for it?

Is the 197 defuser the same as the 200? As in size?

No way it could be fitted while the wheel well is still insitu?

Yes wheel well gone 182 boot floor in place will be tack welded when cage goes in.

Yup same size just different looks.

As for fitting with well in the way it could possible be done but would look like blue car..

Williams 2
Are you going to make a tray to go the full length under the car to meet up with the diffuser?

Are you doing this as part of an aero kit or is it just for looks?

I wonder if this was done properly (for the sole purpose of aerodynamics) how much difference it would make...

Golf GTD Mk7
It looks ok I suppose, but you're not going to get much by way of aero benefits as the underfloor area doesn't go far enough under imo.

Ph 1 172
Love it been thinking of doing something like this to my phase 1 172 but was looking at the fiesta zerec diffuser as it looked much shallow, are you doing a guide with this?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good :)

how are you planning on attaching it to the bumper? I had a right pig of a job trying to fit it to mine.

edit: and how are you going to support the undertray

Looks awesome when its done IMO, really adds to the back of the car :)

Here's my effort...

f9288e8d.jpg

painted mine bmw carbon black, suits Monaco blue perfectly

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks :) had a ball ache fitting it to the bumper, I'm very interested to see how the OP is going to tackle it.

he has it easier though as there's a line across the back of the Clio bumper for the insert to follow and it seems the perfect height to mount it too.

had to chop my boot floor out too :( lol

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I will be doing a guide as to how I fitted it but will do that when complete only really get the odd weekend due to work. As for fitting it to the car I won't be attaching it to the bumper other than a few clips that you use to hold the front bumper to the wing, the rest will be on Zeus clips and bonnet pins.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh should be nice and easy to remove then too.

its a 2 man job for mine as its all attached :(

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Ahh should be nice and easy to remove then too.

its a 2 man job for mine as its all attached :(

That's what I was going for.. As it will be a purpose built track car so looks don't really bother me.. Obv I want it to look neat but having it smoothed into bumper was a no no as I'd hit the kitty litter and it would just crack..

I had to remove boot floor too lucky the 182 has a stitched on panel so I ground the welds and split it so looks o.e.m

Although so far it's down as a 172 with a 182 boot floor with a 197 diffuser and will be running 200 brembos :/

Cut and shut comes to mind lol

I've got to say yours look ace!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol mines like that.

megene 1.6 with a 2.0 engine, vw gearbox, fiat 4 pots, 197 diffuser, evo seats.

should call it Frankenstein lol.

i ended up just making a few panels out of 1.6mm steel and welding that into place, your lucky to have had the choice of a 182 floor :)

thanks :) took me hundreds of hours work well worth the effort though as I smile whenever I look at it

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
I would love to do this, but i dont have the skill, time, or effort to take on such a challenge, id be left with a ruined diffuser and a fubar rear bumper :(

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Once ive finished il put a build thread together just so you guys can get a feel if anyone else wants to do it.. So many ways of fitting just trying to get the rite 1 without the costs and skill needed.. Will update in a couple of weeks.

Wow that looks really good! Will keep an eye on this.

This may be a retarded question and someone might have already asked, but why have you cut out the spare wheel well?

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Wow that looks really good! Will keep an eye on this.

This may be a retarded question and someone might have already asked, but why have you cut out the spare wheel well?

Cheers dude.. The well had to be removed so that I could get the diffuser to the height I wanted plus make room for the 200 exhaust system :D