ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cup refresh begins

Have finished the black wheel :) Just one to go now and I'll have all four done.

16.jpg

and a close up of the finish I am achieving

17.jpg

Yes there is paint on the tyre, but its a spare so I wasnt too bothered about not getting it on there.

Also got some centre caps for them now, just need to sort paint for the diamond

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Top job with painting the wheels! Very nice clio sport :) Keep us posted!

Mini Update :D

Bits I ordered havent turned up :( But spoke to the guy who said if they dont show up today to let him know and he'll get me some more sent out FOC :D

Also paid for some more bits last nigth so they should be here next week!

Got couple more bits I need to get sorted for this stage, and I've decided to get a pro in to lacquer the wheels after my recent failings with Halfrauds rattle can lacquer. So not too long untill I can start looking at fitting bits :D

Am on the look out for a few other 'optional' extras to so watch this space for updates, and fingers crossed postie gets everything here before the postal strike ruins everything!

Mildly interesting update!

Bits didnt turn up yesterday so he's sending some more out, should have them next week.

Now for the interesting bit. Decided to lacquer the spoiler tips as I was convinced I could get them to look better then they did. I think I managed it, just about, but I discovered that when it comes to lacquer I am completely disabled! This is one of the reasons I am getting the wheels done by a pro. Anyway, eventually I managed to get a half decent result, and one I am happy enough with as I have still saved a fortune compared to buying the ones K-tec are now selling!

tip.jpg

I can't quite figure out why you didn't cut out the valves and take off the wheel weights before spraying. Not exactly tasking is it? :S

red wheels might look cool. Not keen on any of the other bits really i am afraid. All looks a bit stuck on sorry.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The amount of reading fail in this thread is completely unfathomable.

Idiots on this forum.

Clio 197 cup
Duck, I think the car will look awesome mate! :) I really wish I had the balls to do something like that to mine.

Dynamique Flamer
You need to hurry up ;) I can't wait to see what it looks like :D

As said by Daniel people can't read TBQFH

All in good time Kerry ;)

I now have just 1.5 wheels to paint ;)

Then there are some other bits due next week which I need to do some work to before fitting. Also need to arrange to have the wheels lacquered and get the tires swapped over, I can start fitting then :)

Titanium 182
As I said before red on White is a great combo . Iv got red on White not quite the same as theducks is doing . Keep us posted mate can't wait to see it finished

i know its coming off. jeez, didnt realise it was a thread where we couldnt comment on what was on the car already, and had to just look into the future to make comments about how it WILL look.

i retract my statement and will go with.

"Car will look great when you are done"

ibiza cupra
ive allways loved your car duck. remember drooling over it when i was following you to the fcs. think it will look wicked when all done. and good decicion to get the wheels lacquerd in two pack as when they are putting your tyres on, they are less likely to take the paint off with the machine. looking good though mate.

Just been to the post office to pick up some goodies that the postman couldnt fit in my letterbox yesterday :D

However, FedEx are in my bad books. Faield to ring my door bell, only klnocked my front door which is impossible to hear as it goes into a passage at the side of the house. Their local office is an hours drive in rush hour traffic from me and closes at 6, and I finish at half 5 so cant get there, they also close at 12 on a saturday and I dont finish untill 1. They dont open until 9 either so no way I can get there before work. Really angry with them tbh, especially as their attitude was just, tough s**t. Hopefully MrsDuck will be able to get there on saturday!

Sneaky peek later if your lucky ;)

So FedEx attempted a third delivery today and my neighbour took it in so now I have these:

strip.jpg

Wheels will be finished tonight (I hope) and so should the centre caps. Then just need to get the wheels lacquered by the pro and they'll be ready to fit. Got a couple more bits to get together and then should be ready to fit everything.

Aiming for this stage of bits to be done before the northwest meet 21st November. After that progression is going to slow down as it gets to more expensive stuff.

I need tyres swaping from the current wheels onto these and the spare tyres onto the old wheels anyway, so will get it all done at the tyre fiters.

As for jack am keeping an eye out for a trolley jack in the good old lidl and aldi offers so shopuld have one soon :)

Cheers for the offer though, much appreciated :)

Cheers Jib, the pic doesnt really show it but they are in desperate need of painting! Thats a project for this weekend, once I bought more paint to finish the sole remaining wheel!!

Titanium 182
what colour are you using (i know its red ) name? i would of thought youd of done them white and get some unique (R27R) decals made up ?

The wheels are Capsicum Red (Same as the trophy)

Sidestrips arent going to be red though.

I do have an item ready to be fitted I havent posted yet ;)

M135i
Get those wheels on boy!

Should look good with the White/Red combo. I look forward to see what else is up your sleeve for it.

I've been a busy boy today! I finished painting the wheels at last, so now just got to arrange for them to be lacquered and have the tires swapped over. Also finished the center caps, not the neatest job in the world on the diamonds, but thats because they are single piece center caps and my skills with masking tape are poor.

caps.jpg

I've also, prep'd, primer'd and painted the side strips. Nothing too exotic here though, just colour coded them.

side.jpg