ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 Cruise Control

Fiesta ST2
anyone know how to set the cruise control on these? was out for a quick test drive and couldn't work it out.. getting it on Wednesday.. just wanted a bit of info! also does the car stay red between the rev counter and the speedo? if not what causes this? cheers!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Haha i had the same problem...

when i was fitting a decat to nashys R27 i was taking it back to his house i tried to figure out how to set it and for the life of me i couldnt :(

BMW M Lite
I assume this is the same system as the 200 so I'll tell you how to set mine;

Flick the switch (next to the headlight beam height adjuster on the 197 I believe) to Cruise (the other direction on the switch is speed limiter).

When you're at the speed you wish to cruise at press the '+' button on the steering wheel. Hey presto, you're cruising!

BMW M Lite
To increase/decrease the speed press the '+' or '-' buttons on the steering wheel.

To Switch off the cruise temporarily press the 'O' (off) button on the steering wheel.

To resume the previously set speed press the 'R' (resume) button on the steering wheel.

Simples!

Fiesta ST2
yeah it was on but the doors where closed? maybe a door wasn't closed properly think it went off when I drove thought didn't noticed as I was too busy watching the needle climb the rev range :p

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
That warning light is tied to the boot as well so just make sure its closed too. Did the interior lights stay on while you were driving? Something to check anyways Adam :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
err?

works in any gear

Any gear as long as you're doing over an approximate 20 mph. If you go to change gear, then Cruise Control will turn off as you're overriding the function of Cruise Control.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Mine has a switch down by the handbrake, press it forward to switch it on, then press the + button to set it at the speed your going.

Clio 1970000000
Mine has a switch down by the handbrake, press it forward to switch it on, then press the + button to set it at the speed your going.

Switch is on the dash next to the traction control in the 197. It's where you have said in the 200.

Ultra Red Clio 197
are you getting the black F1 from SERE? I had it out for a drive before getting my 197 the other week.. they had a red one at boucher and the black, I opted for the red due to it having half the miles and £1250 cheaper! i would prefer the black but my last car was black so decided to go different this time!

Edit: just seen your previous thread - congrats mate! having taken that exact car for a drive it was lovely.. Ive had mine a week and a bit and done about 800 miles! so fun to drive compared the old 1.2 replica! although only disadvantage is it drinks a hell of a lot more fuel! well have to meet up for photos sometime! enjoy!

Last edited:
  Clio 197 Rs
Does anyone know if you can fit cruise control on a 197? As long as you change the steering wheel and control box is it simply a plug and play system??