ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

197 boot - can it be opened from inside the car?

Rally bus
Please does anyone know if you can open the boot on a 197 from inside the car? The button under the bootlid has stopped working on mine but I can't get at it to fix it without first getting the bootlid open. I've had a look in the boot from the inside but there isn't anything obvious to take to bits.

Skoda
smCrowbar.gif

Renaultsport 200
It'll come back with a dented door, broken exhaust and blown head gasket :(

I know what your saying chap, but take some photos of the car with the date stamp on your camera turned on if your concerned about how they will treat it.

I always set my distance covered readout to zero too, along with average speed. If its anything different when i pick it up some little bugger has been driving around in it, when they don't need to like in your case!

I wouldn't mess about with the electronics, door machanisms myself tbh. If they find out later on then its a one way ticket to voiding warrentiesville.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Does the button on the keycard not unlock it? Cant remember? My door button has become intermittant on mine......

White clique
^^ nah sadly not it just unlocks it.

I honestly dont think you'll be able to open it without causing damage, its meant to be fairly secure so no doubt will need some special tools.

Rally bus
I've just been out and pressed the fob buttons in a random order while pressing the boot button on and off rapidly and it suddenly opened :eek:

I've left it wedged open and will now go and take it apart and clean the contacts and so on.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Where abouts in the NW are you? If you're not too far from Bolton take it to Renault Bolton, they are Renault UK not an independant and they are very good imo. as has been said if you tinker and you dont fix it they might blame it not working on your tinkering so void the warranty...

Renaultsport 200
Where abouts in the NW are you? If you're not too far from Bolton take it to Renault Bolton, they are Renault UK not an independant and they are very good imo. as has been said if you tinker and you dont fix it they might blame it not working on your tinkering so void the warranty...

+1 I have always had excellent customer service at Renault Bolton.

Thats usually down to Phil Robinson

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I was gonna say speak to phil but he's a salesman he's not on the service desk lol.

Rally bus

Thanks for that, Bolton isn't too far away so if there's anything else needs fixed I'll go there.

I seem to have fixed the boot lock now - the mechanism and switch bit were full of dust, cleaned them up and did some boot slamming and it's all working :D I just need to rag the car around for a bit, put some oily fingermarks on the door trim, leave the seat adjusted for someone who's 5ft 2 and leave the radio tuned to Shoite FM to complete the repair.

Clio 197
Bullshit, the OP doesn't want to take it to the stealer because there is nothing wrong with it. He just wants to know if his kidnapping victims will be able to escape when he stops at a set of lights ;)

Rally bus
Bulls**t, the OP doesn't want to take it to the stealer because there is nothing wrong with it. He just wants to know if his kidnapping victims will be able to escape when he stops at a set of lights ;)

Ah bugger you've found me out. The only reason I changed my 172 for a 197 was so I could fit more victims into the boot. I might get one of those sport tourer things next :D

Renaultsport 200
I was gonna say speak to phil but he's a salesman he's not on the service desk lol.

If I ever have a problem he is the first guy I send a txt to.

Turned into a mate more than anything now, so he does all he can for me tbh